£82.99
UK Delivery
More info
Click & Collect from
Check stock at your local store
International Delivery available
Discount Code
REMOVE CODE

Your Discount has been applied: ( 50% Off Selected Batteries )

Subtotal:  £82.99Discount: - £41.50Total (inc VAT): £41.49

I’m a *****! I was putting ‘Bat50’ and should have been putting ‘batt50’ oops 😬 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bwlmog said:

Just checked for the Mondeo I was looking to buy and it’s exactly the same. Crazy money, I currently have a Hyundai Santa Fe which is a huge car and the battery for that is around £140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use the code and it will come down by 50% though

• Like 1

Just now, Jonro2009 said:

I’m a *****! I was putting ‘Bat50’ and should have been putting ‘batt50’ oops 😬 

time to start shopping now then :walkman:

• Like 1

Lots of different battery numbers being quoted here.

If you have Stop/Start, the battery must be either EFB, or the higher quality AGM. AGM can replace EFB, but not the other way around.

If the battery number is 110, you can get the Exide (EL752) for £113.53, delivered - 3 year guarantee:

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/exide/el752/

Personally, I would go for Varta E46 for £123.40, delivered - 4 year guarantee:

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/varta/e46/

Plenty of other 110's at:

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/types/110-efb/

Battery Voltage Chart.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stef123 said:

Correct. I buy parts usually a couple of times a week. I’ve hardly any interest in ecp now. My local factors can wipe the floor with them for same or better brands. 

Are you in the trade Stef and get trade discount? Everytime I've gone to local motor factors they've never been cheaper than ecp.....

• Like 1

Not meaning to hijack the thread and if not appropriate please delete, I saw this over the holiday about ECP, just wondered if anyone else did ... 

https://news.sky.com/story/jobs-axe-hangs-over-car-parts-distributor-as-top-team-quits-11592771

1 hour ago, Albert27 said:

Are you in the trade Stef and get trade discount? Everytime I've gone to local motor factors they've never been cheaper than ecp.....

I'm in a trade at the moment, car stuff is the other half of my life :lol: I am in the process of securing premises and purchasing a lift at the moment. My local factors (part of a Scotland wide  and north of England network) are very good, good prices, good brands and plenty of stock held for same or next day.

I did see that last week Russ, let's hope it hurts them a bit. I'm fed up with ECP to be perfectly honest.

• Like 2

Thanks for that info @YOG  you are the second person to link that site tonight - I posted on a Facebook group. Never heard of them before but their batteries seem to be very reasonable, good info about the EFB and AGM variants too 👍

ECP tend to sell you the wrong part that's over priced and of poor quality

a local decent motor factor will give the right high quality part and if not in a mood will be substantially cheaper

only joy with ECP is u might get lucky and get a part on a sunday

• Like 1

Motorfactor quality totally depends on your area unfortunately.  Haven't had much luck with my local at all.  Go in on a Friday morning for a common part...'oh, we don't have that, but can get it for Tuesday'...  Well that's helpful. :laugh:  They're also more expensive than click & collect through places like ECP/GSF/Jayar etc.  Though if it's not urgent, I tend to buy the majority of parts through Mister-Auto or eBay these days.  

Update

This is odd. And worrying. 

I left the car at home until today. Haven’t touched it since Friday. 

I arranged for my local garage to look at it and called the AA to tow it there. 

The AA turned up and it started first time. I turned it off and it did it again. 

The AA tested my battery and said it was a bit low. 

I do 20 miles a day so that should be enough to charge my battery daily. Also, on Friday when I had the issue it wasn’t possible to jump start it. 

The tow truck on Friday, that got me home, said it was the starter motor. However the AA guy says that’s unlikely as it didn’t start when I got home Friday night after the bump start but started today after leaving it for three days. 

I’ve just left it at my local garage. They’re doing a trickle charge tonight and will test the battery tomorrow. Worryingly they said if that’s not the problem they may struggle to find what is as it sounds to them like an intermittent fault. 

So, any ideas anyone...?

There are some common battery drains, bluetooth module for one.  

But I seriously doubt it's a low battery issue if it didn't start after a run but did start after several days sitting.  It's possible your battery has dropped a cell though.

Also unusual if it's the starter, haven't heard of many failures as they're heavy duty on the SS models to cope with the extra strain.

I thought you had Forscan, have you checked for codes?

I can’t find my cable annoyingly. 

I plugged the bluefin in and scanned for codes - case back with no codes found. 

Hoping the garage has the ability to scan it. 

3 hours ago, Pebbleheed said:

Update

I do 20 miles a day so that should be enough to charge my battery daily. Also, on Friday when I had the issue it wasn’t possible to jump start it. 

So, any ideas anyone...?

Assuming your 20 miles is 10 miles each way, that's 2 starts, you're not going to replace the power used for the starting, especially if the battery is old. If you're also using the fan, heated windows, lights, etc., even less chance.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, YOG said:

Assuming your 20 miles is 10 miles each way, that's 2 starts, you're not going to replace the power used for the starting, especially if the battery is old. If you're also using the fan, heated windows, lights, etc., even less chance.

Yep. 10 each way. In traffic. Start stop used - although probably won’t any more!

I wonder if it’s simply the battery on the way out. 

The only thing that made me think it wasn’t was that the stop start didn’t stop working. On my older focus ecoboost that was normally the first thing to go. Didn’t happen on my more modern ecoboost. 

Seriously, I forgot mine even had stop start until I read this! 🤣

The garage have called me. 

It was the starter motor. 

Apparently it was full of water..?

They’re not sure how it happened but as it’s an ecoboost I’ve asked them to check the cooling system etc to avoid a major loss of engine, although coolant level looks correct. 

The warranty covered the repair. I’ve had to pay the 3rd party garage and I’ll be reimbursed. 

Good result. 

Great help on here as usual. Thanks all. 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Pebbleheed said:

The garage have called me. 

It was the starter motor. 

Apparently it was full of water..?

They’re not sure how it happened but as it’s an ecoboost I’ve asked them to check the cooling system etc to avoid a major loss of engine, although coolant level looks correct. 

The warranty covered the repair. I’ve had to pay the 3rd party garage and I’ll be reimbursed. 

Good result. 

Great help on here as usual. Thanks all. 

Glad you're sorted. :thumbsup:

I'd love to hear some theories on how water has got into the starter motor.......

40 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

Glad you're sorted. :thumbsup:

I'd love to hear some theories on how water has got into the starter motor.......

Theory 1 - Well....... I did splash through a bit of a puddle, well maybe it was more of a stream, some might actually say a river maybe, or was it the sea?🙄

• Haha 1

Theory 2: engine bay looked a tad dirty so I got out the degreaser and trf set away and then jet washed it ha

• Haha 1

Yeah it’s an odd one. Not sure how this has happened. Just hoping it doesn’t happen again. 

Oh and the bluefin is back on. I missed it 😄

Worth checking for codes again now that the bluefin is back. They might be back now after the install so worth clearing them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, Botus said:

ECP tend to sell you the wrong part that's over priced and of poor quality

a local decent motor factor will give the right high quality part and if not in a mood will be substantially cheaper

only joy with ECP is u might get lucky and get a part on a sunday

Local ECP to me isn't open Sunday! Local factors are for a few hours iirc. Anti roll-bar links from ECP (one of their own brands) lasted 3 weeks before destroying themselves during normal use. On getting another set, they were missing one in the box, making them the same price as proper Delphi parts at the local MF. Local MF was also cheaper for an activated carbon filter than ECP even with discount.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, TomsFocus said:

But I seriously doubt it's a low battery issue if it didn't start after a run but did start after several days sitting.  It's possible your battery has dropped a cell though.

Started -> Run -> battery low from starting the first time?

Sat -> battery had time to settle and get enough power to start?

9 hours ago, Micro said:

Started -> Run -> Battery low from starting the first time?

Sat -> Battery had time to settle and get enough power to start?

A low battery won't charge itself.  It'll just keep dropping over time with the drain from the alarm and various other modules that are constantly drawing a little power to hold settings.  The first run should've been enough for the alternator to recharge it anyway.

As for the starter filling with water...I've never even heard of that being an issue before!  I've driven through floods and jetwashed plenty of bays without issue lol.  What's really odd is that if the water got in through some sort of 'opening', how did it then not drain out through the same way!? 😮  Most starters have drain holes on the bottom as far as I know, I wonder if the 1.0EB starter is fitted 'upside down' compared to the hole?