Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction Light Problems

Scrufts

I have an '11 reg 1.6 focus which has been billiant until recently 

Basically if I put my foot  down to overtake or similar I lose power and engine judders as it it had a blockage.

Engine malfunction warning comes up, if you press ok then it disappears along with the "i" symbol but the auto stop "off" light illuminates on the centre consul.

If I stop and turn ignition off and on then everything is cleared until I press accelerator pedal to floor again. Generalky hapoens in 3rd gear above 2500 rpm. I have tried a code reader but no codes are found.  The only thing I found it on it was " boost pressure" when I did an emission test.

Suggestions please or do I give up and pay big bucks at a ford dealer?

Hmm, could be a number of things.

If it does it when you're putting on the power it might be the throttle body.

Strange that no codes are stored on the ECU as this logs all current and past problems.

HTH

Well it has just had a three hour drive...

Light/message comes on when the engine is "under load" and not always when I put my foot to the floor. Message usually clears itself even if you dont acknowledge it. Auto stop "off" ight comes on after the warning message and eventually clears itself after about 10 minutes. Tried the code reader again but no joy so will try forscan. Only thing that came up when I did an emissions test  was " boost system pressure" which sounds very generic but was wondering if this is related to the turbo?

Possibly.

I would think it best to get it diagnosed properly rather than shelling out wads of cash on stuff that isn't at fault.

On 1/6/2019 at 5:14 PM, Scrufts said:

Well it has just had a three hour drive...

Light/message comes on when the engine is "under load" and not always when I put my foot to the floor. Message usually clears itself even if you dont acknowledge it. Auto stop "off" ight comes on after the warning message and eventually clears itself after about 10 minutes. Tried the code reader again but no joy so will try forscan. Only thing that came up when I did an emissions test  was " boost system pressure" which sounds very generic but was wondering if this is related to the turbo?

Exactly which engine is it?  n/a 1.6 petrol, turbo 1.6 petrol or turbo 1.6 diesel?

We would need to know the actual engine.  Did Ford even make a 1.6 petrol turbo? Focus 2011

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nazsky786 said:

We would need to know the actual engine.  Did Ford even make a 1.6 petrol turbo? Focus 2011

No they didn't but I threw it into to the list to illustrate the point.

Would have been a nice car of they did.  More power then the standard.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club