Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 St Bumpers And Insurance??

wellzy

one of my mates has told me that fitting the st bumpers to my van and not telling the insurance company will get me introuble and i'll get a huge fine??

is that right cause i thought if i fit the bumpers and did not tell the insurance company then they would not cover the cost of the bumpers if the van was in an accident?

also he said his sister was wanting a car that had aftermarket bumpers fitted to it but nobody would insure her??

Just ask your insurance company whether they will charge extra or not. Word it as something like "adding bumpers off a higher spec fiesta" just saying that you want to put ST bumpers on will give them the impression that you want to drive fast and kill elderly people.

I'm adding non-standard alloys onto my car and i asked Quinn via my internet profile and it adds nothing to the insurance. Better to be safe than sorry with your insurance, you don't want to be paying loads of premium for it to be voided!!

Thats how you bought it and you no nothing about cars atall to think that its not standard :lol: ;)

In all seriousness i think if you are in an accident and they send someone out to asses the damage and see its not "standard" then your insurance will be void and all costs would be covered by yourself.

Thats how you bought it and you no nothing about cars atall to think that its not standard :lol: ;)

In all seriousness i think if you are in an accident and they send someone out to asses the damage and see its not "standard" then your insurance will be void and all costs would be covered by yourself.

yeh maybe i should not have told them that i'm a mechanic. haha

i'm with quinn as well, quick play with the webiste and this is what i found.

This will depend on which modification you have or are thinking about. Many cosmetic alterations, such as alloy wheels, or bodykits, may not affect the premium. Any modifications which may affect the performance of the vehicle are more likely to affect the price you pay.

thanks peeps

do what i did then,

go onto your online profile thing

edit your details

change vehicle

add modification

select modification

press next, it comes up to a screen saying "the levy on your insurance premium is..."

For me it said £0.00, worth a go !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club