Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Ford Focus Zetec S Mk 2 Boot Leak

Collis192

Hi all,

Water is filling up in the boot. Water drips down off the plastic frame no higher than the parcel shelve. All the carpet and side panel carpets have been removed. Sealed around the hinges of the boot like on the videos on YouTube and all the key areas still not solved it. Sealed lights previously and made no difference. Rained again this evening and water seems to be running along the inside of the metal and dripping onto the floor of boot both left and right. 

Any tips on how to solve this leak 

Thanks 

You might have to strip the entire trim out of the boot so you can see the welding lines, sometimes the material used to seal over the welds can fail, leaving a crack that just invites water to come and visit.

Gonna take out more of the trim so tomorrow so it’ll be just down to the bare metal I’ll check all the weld lines and let you know how I get on 

Thanks 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi, dunno if you got this sorted, but on mine that had numerous leaks, from rear vents to coming through the spoiler I had one that had me fooled for a while just where you've said your leak is, look at pic top yellow circle is where mine leaked and came though in second pick. Got some colour coded paint sprayed into a small container and painted the crack as paint began to thicken up in container so it would seal crack.

20190403_140315.jpg

IMG-20190403-WA0004.jpeg

As well as the hinges, seam sealer, strut mounting points, lights (I always grease the seals on mine), have a look at this on my mk3, people have had it on the mk2 also.

• 3 years later...

Just been to Halfords to have a hardwired dash am installed (failure due to seals fuses etc), he informed me it could be a leak in the rear washer tube. On inspection I find it comes in on both sides shown in the pic..

4D87F04E-C4A9-4B6A-B425-C879C7ECAEF9.jpeg

Vents behind the bumper will require removing and resealing.