Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cable access through bulkhead.

RichardJ

evening guys.

I've had a Nextbase 312GW  Dash Cam for some time connected to the cigar lighter in the rear although the camera is by the rear view mirror ( just kept the front socket usable)

I now want to hard-wire the camera directly in. I've purchased a Nextbase kit with all the fuse piggyback options. All the help sites I can find suggest its easy and a 20 min. job based on the fuse box being behind the glove box. mine isn't ( Focus 2011 Titanium X 1.5 TCDI ).

Question.... how do you get the power cable (s) power and possibly earth, from fuse box though the bulkhead via a location i can extend to the dashcam location. i can do the hiding of the cables around the A frame etc. no issues.

any help would be appreciated

Richard 

Are you sure there is no fuse box behind/underneath the glove box? With your head in the passenger foot well look upwards to see two yellow plastic things holding on a bit of trim. Squeeze and pull the yellow things to remove them and the piece of trim. You should now see the fuse box. For an earth just connect to any handy bolt that is screwed into metalwork, the whole body of the car is earth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As above, the MK3 certainly does have a fuse box in the passenger footwell.

in some cases the yellow pins mentioned will be covered by black plastic covers which need to be removed first.

along with the fuse box you will find plenty of earthing points too.

youtube is your friend.... or dare I say it RTFM 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club