Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Vignale Active Park Assist Issue

cjg216

Hi All,

Needing your advice please and to see if anyone else has come across similar issues.

I recently purchased a new Focus Vignale that comes with the Acitve Park Assist option. Absolutely love the car but unfortunately it has been in the garage twice already as the Active Park Assist keeps becoming unresponsive meaning the button stops working.

The garage are saying it is a known fault but with no known fix as of yet and something that Ford are working on.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

What would you suggest? I love the car and want to keep it but have also been sold a faulty product at the end of the day and want to ensure I am not left with this after the warranty expires should they not have fixed the issue before hand!!

Kind Regards

Chris

• 3 months later...

I just got the same issue on my 2019 Focus Titanium, I've only had it for a couple of weeks. Park assist button completely unresponsive. Haven't talked to the dealership yet. I don't know if it was a coincidence but it stopped working after I stopped the car just after having pressed the Park Assist button and the system was searching for a spot. I was about to use assisted parallel parking but the car ahead pulled out so I just parked manually and turned off the car while the system still was searching for a spot. Since then, no luck. Did you experience something similar or did it just stop working out of the blue?

• 3 weeks later...

As a follow-up to my previous post. Went to the dealership, they had a look at it but couldn't determine what had caused the problem other than it was probably software related. They said they disconnected the battery connector and after that it was working again. Hopefully just a one off.

I just got my Ford Focus since March 2019 and the Park Assist has stopped working twice. I've brought it to the garage the first time only to have it working for ~3 weeks before it's down again for the second time. So it's definitely not a one-off in my case.

During the second time, I noticed that the Park Assist indeed stopped working after I manually overrode the Park Assist. Could this be the trigger? Is Ford acknowledging this issue and working towards a solution?

You can solve a lot of electronic issues by disconnecting the battery.  Same as rebooting your computer.

Us IT people make a career out of it.  😀

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Same issue as the above. Active park assist just does not function which started 2 weeks after purchase in March 2019. The dealership remedy as posted above was to disconnect and reconnect the battery which apparently resets the system. Unfortunately this has been done on several occasions now which now leads me to think that there is an underlying issue. The dealership have now asked me to book the car in for a 2 day period whilst they try and remedy this problem ( this will be the fourth time in all).

The service manager does not fill me with confidence by stating that this new model differs so much to the older Focus' that they have no idea at present what could be the issue and to their knowledge they have not encountered and as with a previous post I really want this remedied within the warranty period.

Also within the last 2 days another issue has occurred with the Sony radio where the Speakers situated, i assume in the dashboard, fade in and out repeatedly which makes listening to radio stations impossible. 

Not knowing enough about the technology built into this car I just don't know if these are 2 random incidents or interconnected in some way.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue. I think it was caused after I decided to override the active park assist last week.

Just buy a 10mm spanner from Halfords (£4). Disconnect the car battery (negative then the positive) then reconnect (positive then negative).

... and as if by magic it the park assist button works again 😃

I had this park assist problem on my 2019 Focus Titanium three days after I collected from the dealer in November 2018. I had so many failures that the dealer gave me the way to reset the system without having to visit the dealer.

To reset the system you access Bezel diagnostic mode by holding the on/off button and skip back simultaneously for five seconds on the central audio controls on the dash. (see the photo attached) Once in this mode you just need to exit the diagnostic mode and the park assist is working again.

I had to reset every week or sometimes twice a week for nearly eight months until my vehicle got all the vehicle updates that the dealer applied in early June. The park assist has not failed for sixty days, thank god.

Just to add this is not the only problem I had had with this vehicle which has taken eight months to sort out. It really makes it worse that this is my fourth new Focus since 2008 and the other three were faultless.

Park Assist Reset .jpg

2 hours ago, rayferry said:

To reset the system you access Bezel diagnostic mode by holding the on/off button and skip back simultaneously for five seconds on the central audio controls on the dash. (see the photo attached) Once in this mode you just need to exit the diagnostic mode and the park assist is working again.

Park Assist Reset .jpg

Do you get any screen instructions, beeps or other indications that it is in diagnostic mode? What else does diagnostic mode do?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying, there are loads of tests in here

When you access the test mode it tests the Speakers first then you you press the on screen back arrow (top left) and a list of tests appears.

I have only selected exit at the bottom of the list to reset the active park assist.

For eight months I have had a dialogue with Ford UK customer service over the problems with this vehicle and to put it mildly they have fallen well short of what I expected from customer services in 2019. It is sad to say but after 40 years of Ford ownership this will be my last.

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Can anyone help me I have a Ford focus Estate 66 plate an love the car but since I've had new brakes put on an 2 new front tyres the park assist button stays on an doesn't go off an constantly says to change oil when there is nothing wrong with the oil has anyone else experienced this problem please help me 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club