Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam belt and water pump replacement

Martin53

I have been quoted £180 for fitting a cambelt and water pump  parts supplied by me is this a reasonable quote.

don't sound to bad for all them parts :smile:

Is that on a 2008 mondeo 1.8 tdci?

Thats right around the switch over period so you may actually have 2 timing belts. A lot of garages are still not aware of those.

Yes its a 2008 registered 21/10/2008 i will have to contact a dealer to find out if possible sorry for the delay in replying ive had the .......flu

I don’t know if the dealer can tell or not bit you (or garage) certainly can by the type of tensioner fitted. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had both Timing belts replaced upper and lower wet belt i supplied the belts plus tensioner and water pump, they found it needed a new crankshaft pulley, wet belt gasket, crankshaft oil seal and crank bolt  also a wet belt tensioner antifreeze  total with parts and labour +vat 559.25 and added to that my parts bought £47.Did have one problem engine management light came on when driving home took it back split vacuum pipe the pipe was replaced no charge.Hope this was all worth it bought the car £2400 suppose you could say it was now £3000🙄

• Like 1

Guessing the garage have never done one before If they didn't know about those parts.. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martin53 said:

Had both Timing belts replaced upper and lower wet belt i supplied the belts plus tensioner and water pump, they found it needed a new crankshaft pulley, wet belt gasket, crankshaft oil seal and crank bolt  also a wet belt tensioner antifreeze  total with parts and labour +vat 559.25 and added to that my parts bought £47.Did have one problem engine management light came on when driving home took it back split vacuum pipe the pipe was replaced no charge.Hope this was all worth it bought the car £2400 suppose you could say it was now £3000🙄

as long as they did it right that's what matters ☺️

It was my fault i thought all was needed for the wet belt was http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113217455084  they had to order all the other parts because i didnt supply them also the cost was more, that £71.99 i should have included in the cost.They have done quite a few ford Transit vans with this wet belt if you google Corbridge road garage Consett it tells alot about them.