Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST MK8 tyre pressures

Joel Bavidge

what pressures front and rear are people running on the Michelin pilot sport 4's on the new fiesta ST? mines are at 33 psi on the back and 38 on the front (cold). this is the pressures the dealership put in the tyres when I got the car. the front pressures seem a bit high though.

Just had a look on Michelins site but they dont give any info for the mk8 st. Other sites though do give the presures as rather high on quoting 39 for front and 36 for rear with 17" tyres.

The correct pressures will be on the inside of the door, or in the manual. 

Probably both. 

As above, open the drivers door and look on the door frame. It will have all the pressures there. 

I’ve found dealers often over inflate the tyres despite signing the check sheet for the PDI. Sometimes the pressures are high due to transportation, other times I am  a bit sceptical and think they are left that way to speed up wear and therefore need replacing quicker.

Thanks guys I’ll check in the handbook and see what it says. Might just do a bit of trial and error too see what feels best and how it affects the fuel economy.

Checked the book and ford recommends 33psi front and 29psi rear. Changed my pressures today and the tyres feel better and the car is overall grippier with a more forgiving ride. Doesn’t seem to have hurt the fuel economy either.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2020 Fiesta Titanium ecoboost 1.0. The tyre pressures shown on the label on the passenger door are front 2.3 bar, rear 1.8. In the manual, the tyre pressures are front 2.1,  and rear 1.8. Which one is the right one? I’m not impressed with the Ford book of words at all. Perhaps Ford should have had it written by an English speaker?

Receiving a car from a dealer you can never be sure of the tyre pressures.   When I got mine they were 20 psi all round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Callard said:

I have a 2020 Fiesta Titanium ecoboost 1.0. The tyre pressures shown on the label on the passenger door are front 2.3 bar, rear 1.8. In the manual, the tyre pressures are front 2.1,  and rear 1.8. Which one is the right one? I’m not impressed with the Ford book of words at all. Perhaps Ford should have had it written by an English speaker?

I personally would be guided by the information on the door plate.

Also, I'd check the online version of your manual as I found the same disparity you're seeing between car and printed manual.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/download-your-manual

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a new ST Line X last week. Dealer had set pressures to 41 PSI all round.  Car felt very skittish and hard on way home. When I checked door pillar they should be 33 front and 26 rear, so reset once tyres had cooled after a couple hours.

Felt much better ride the next day.

Yes, on all 3 of the new cars we've had the pressures have been set massively high from the dealer.

14 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Yes, on all 3 of the new cars we've had the pressures have been set massively high from the dealer.

Hahaha can confirm... When i picked up my mk8 last year the first thing i did was pull out my tire pressure gauge and my portable compressor to quickly set the pressures at the correct settings (I went with the older mk7.5 that i was gonna trade-in LOL). Tyre pressures were all over the place.. Like 35 , 43 , 55, 27 . Sigh.

Attention to detail is what sets the standards at other places .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club