Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pats code 15 after battery change won’t start

Sussex72

Hi can someone please help! I have a Focus 1.8tdi  mk1 on an 04 plate. battery went with the cold weather. Started it off a home charge pack a couple of times successfully but last time it wouldn’t even turn over. Done some investigating and diagnosed the immobiliser is flashing pats code 15. Got a new battery and this still didn’t fix it. Spoke to a mechanic friend who suggested instrument cluster needed soldering. This has been done and it’s back on the car but it’s not having it. Any ideas? I bought it second hand and only have the one key

Code 15 is Wrong transponder key.
Did they send you back the right cluster?
Maybe also they may have somehow wiped the settings on the cluster?
You need it looking into by an auto locksmith with all the relevant hardware to correctly pair everything back up.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. Yes it’s definitely the right cluster. I did call an auto locksmith before but the quote was £100 call out and that wasn’t guaranteed to fix the problem. It’s 2004 mk1 so I’m reluctant to spend a lot on it. I’m at the point of just buying another cheap car, but I’m reluctant to give up on the focus as 2 weeks ago there was nothing wrong with it so how can  it suddenly not recognise the key? There must be fix, reset, bypass or other possible solution. I’ve checked the fuses but I’m thinking it’ll be worth double checking with a multi meter 

If the car is sound and enjoy it I would stop the faffing,bite the bullet and shell  out for an auto locksmith or electrical technician👍

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

If the car is sound and enjoy it I would stop the faffing,bite the bullet and she’ll out for an auto locksmith or electrical technician👍

Faffing!!! I changed a battery and now the car won’t start! I’m not shelling out for a robbing auto locksmith/electric technician if I can fix it myself and that what I am asking. So please does anyone have any advice on fixing it?  

Just saying what I would do and save time👍

• Like 1

If you want to do it yourself try using ForScan.

Also you need 2 keys if you only have one the locksmith nor you can get it to start. Pats system requires 2 registered keys.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club