Darren6264

Air filter upgrade

Hi, Has anyone upgraded their air filter on a Mk8 Fiesta titanium X. Have looked everywhere but can’t seem to find one to fit. Was looking for maybe a pipercross or a K&N panel filter. 

Thx Darren 

Could be one of two as far as kn are concerned. For 2018 model i think they are 33-2955 or 33-3117 check out their site Pretty sure the mk8 is 3117

Hi

Definitely not the 33-2955. Had that one fitted to my 2015 Fiesta, removed it when I sold the car. Tried fitting it to my Mk8 an it drops straight to the bottom of the filter box.

Darren, I would be interested if you find that the 33-3117 fits if you get one or from anyone who have fitted a 33-3117 to a Mk8

On 1/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, jsk said:

Hi

Definitely not the 33-2955. Had that one fitted to my 2015 Fiesta, removed it when I sold the car. Tried fitting it to my Mk8 an it drops straight to the bottom of the filter box.

Darren, I would be interested if you find that the 33-3117 fits if you get one or from anyone who have fitted a 33-3117 to a Mk8

Really tempted to get one of these as the reviews on amazon for the previous version really sing it's praises. 

Cheaper on K&N though at £65.

If I change the year to 2018 it just shows the 33-3117 so I guess that looks like the one. 

9 minutes ago, tef89 said:

Really tempted to get one of these as the reviews on amazon for the previous version really sing it's praises. 

Cheaper on K&N though at £65.

If I change the year to 2018 it just shows the 33-3117 so I guess that looks like the one. 

just put the 2955 in mine. Time will tell if it makes a difference but have had kn in various cars over the years and they are good albeit a bit overpriced, but anything with "performance" on the box generally is.

Ok done a 350 mile round trip yesterday all on the motorway. My finding with the kn 2955 fitted is that it certainly lacks at about the 50-70 mph range where the pick up is not as good as normal. seems that it has an effect on the turbo lag. Avaraged 49.1 over 170 miles at 65-70 mph with cruise control on. most of the time.

2 minutes ago, LesPes said:

Ok done a 350 mile round trip yesterday all on the motorway. My finding with the kn 2955 fitted is that it certainly lacks at about the 50-70 mph range where the pick up is not as good as normal. seems that it has an effect on the turbo lag. Avaraged 49.1 over 170 miles at 65-70 mph with cruise control on. most of the time.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'd pretty much decided to give it a miss and this seals it lol.