Hi all,

hoping for some guidance here. I have a ford focus st line which is still under warranty via TrustFord..

over the past month or so there has been a faint smell of burning clutch which has been progressively getting worse. 

the car was taken in and a mechanic confirmed its the clutch, and they're willing to do a full diagnostic if i pay £120 per hour for them to do so. they're saying it is to do with my driving, and thats whats caused the clutch to burn out. however, i have not been driving crazy, and i do shift gears like a 'normal' person.

they're saying they wont do the work unless i agree to pay, and if from the diagnostic they can prove its ford's fault, then they'll reimburse the money. 

im refusing the pay for the work, as they're assuming its the fault of my driving. could someone provide some guidance on how i should proceed? i'm happy to pay for the costs IF and ONLY IF it was indeed my fault, but my concern is it will all just be blamed on me regardless. how can i know for sure they're dealing with this fairly?

thanks in adavance.

Why are they wanting to charge? Is it outside of the original Ford warranty from new? I'd be asking what makes them think it's your fault being as they haven't even looked at it in full detail yet.

I assume it's under the extended FordProtect warranty? From what I understand it essentially covers everything the base warranty covers, except diagnostics.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk