Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smart Charge Wire

MidsPompey

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Father Christmas? 

This guy is it not :lol: going by your avatar earlier anyway lol 

BA25AC6B-225A-48C8-B445-C17F7B878DE9.jpeg

• Haha 1

This one says Transit but looks the same?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MURE-FORD-TRANSIT-LIN2-Connector-2-Pin-1-Wire-Bosch-Alternator-Plug-PL13-WL1/183270549049?epid=15020344904&hash=item2aabc6a639:g:S~IAAOSwCRRbH-Yn:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Only thing is it's a flathead release rather than a thumb release so will depend on access!  

Have you checked the Ford price?  Can't cost much for a repair plug surely?  

I doubt that will fit. Most plugs a slightly different with different cut outs in the middle of plug. Ford dealers have to buy them in pairs and cost £25each!!!! 

Scrap yard is still his best bet. Or remove the pin out the connector and try rejoining a piece of wire to the pin. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

I doubt that will fit. Most plugs a slightly different with different cut outs in the middle of plug. Ford dealers have to buy them in pairs and cost £25each!!!! 

Scrap yard is still his best bet. Or remove the pin out the connector and try rejoining a piece of wire to the pin. 

Oh wow! 😮  Looks like that's not a reasonable option then!  

• 2 weeks later...

All sorted !! New connector from eBay and some butt connectors.

Plenty of slack on the wire now and no battery warning light on the dash !! All for the total price of £6.98 ! I dread to think how much it would have cost if a Ford garage had investigated the problem.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 9:58 AM, TomsFocus said:

This one says Transit but looks the same?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MURE-FORD-TRANSIT-LIN2-Connector-2-Pin-1-Wire-Bosch-Alternator-Plug-PL13-WL1/183270549049?epid=15020344904&hash=item2aabc6a639:g:S~IAAOSwCRRbH-Yn:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Only thing is it's a flathead release rather than a thumb release so will depend on access!  

Have you checked the Ford price?  Can't cost much for a repair plug surely?  

This is the one i purchased. 

• Like 1