Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would a Mk2 facelift centre console (w/ armrest) fit in a pre-facelfit mk2?

Reliance

Hi folks,

Few months ago I bought one of those cheap and cheerful DIY armrests off eBay for my 2007 Focus, but I've not been too impressed with it.

Considering just buying the facelift armrest off eBay (can get them around £40-50) which have the armrest built-in. Seems to be basically the same centre console from what I can see. Only difference being the placement of the 12v charger being behind the gearbox instead of in the little... coin pocket thingy. Also, there's a 12v port inside the arm rest itself? 

eBay itself says my year of car isn't compatible, but just wondering if anyone has put one of these facelift consoles in a pre-facelift mk2? And if so, any issues? Is it possible to DIY the second charging port? 

Thanks in advance!

Definitely doable.
I did it to my old mk2 a few years back.
If you check through the guides thread I have one on there with everything you need listed and full fitting guide.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 3

It is possible to do. Slight modification,  and additional parts like rear bracket and bolts but if you get it all included, it is a great mod.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Reliance said:

Hi folks,

Few months ago I bought one of those cheap and cheerful DIY armrests off eBay for my 2007 Focus, but I've not been too impressed with it.

Considering just buying the facelift armrest off eBay (can get them around £40-50) which have the armrest built-in. Seems to be basically the same centre console from what I can see. Only difference being the placement of the 12v charger being behind the gearbox instead of in the little... coin pocket thingy. Also, there's a 12v port inside the arm rest itself? 

eBay itself says my year of car isn't compatible, but just wondering if anyone has put one of these facelift consoles in a pre-facelift mk2? And if so, any issues? Is it possible to DIY the second charging port? 

Thanks in advance!

+1 for what @Stoney871 said, I used his guide to swap out the crappy MK2 centre console with a MK2.5 (after I'd took the MK2.5 apart and vinyl wrapped the top surface :thumbsup:

I wired the 2 power ports on the new console into an unused fuse which happened to be switched with the ignition meaning I've not got a permanent live power point (the original one behind the gear knob) and the 2 ports within the new console that I can leave stuff plugged into knowing they're only live when the ignition is on.  Just make sure the new console comes with the original wiring for the 2 ports, then you just need to cut the connector off and wire 1 cable as the ground (there's a bolt right where everythings connects up and the other cable to the fusebox using a fuse tap).

• Like 1

Looking to do this also got the centre console hopping it comes with the wiring now 🤦🏻‍♂️

If it dont any ideas 💡 can't find any looms on flee bay

On 1/10/2019 at 10:18 AM, 1979Damian said:

+1 for what @Stoney871 said, I used his guide to swap out the crappy MK2 centre console with a MK2.5 (after I'd took the MK2.5 apart and vinyl wrapped the top surface :thumbsup:

I wired the 2 power ports on the new console into an unused fuse which happened to be switched with the ignition meaning I've not got a permanent live power point (the original one behind the gear knob) and the 2 ports within the new console that I can leave stuff plugged into knowing they're only live when the ignition is on.  Just make sure the new console comes with the original wiring for the 2 ports, then you just need to cut the connector off and wire 1 cable as the ground (there's a bolt right where everythings connects up and the other cable to the fusebox using a fuse tap).

Any tips on connecting the ports if no wires supplied 

also the one I have has a USB and 3.5 jack in the arm rest no clue how to wire up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do I extend the wires from the glove box jack?

4 hours ago, Christoph82 said:

Any tips on connecting the ports if no wires supplied 

also the one I have has a USB and 3.5 jack in the arm rest no clue how to wire up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do I extend the wires from the glove box jack?

It depends on which head unit you have, if it's the really basic one it doesn't support USB or anything decent for that matter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club