Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 focus towbar fitting.

Matt92

I’ve just downloaded foCCCus and having a look at it in offline mode I can see lines 20 & 76 is there any reason I shouldn’t plug back into my car and try activating it with this instead of FORScan?

Focccus wasn't really made for MK3.5 , only know for sure the MK3 it worked ok for. 

So looking on the FORScan forum, they say that in order to access the central configuration you first need to load the secondary boot loader. I gather if this is a necessary procedure someone here must have done this, is it straight forward, does it take long, is it safe?

9 hours ago, Matt92 said:

So looking on the FORScan forum, they say that in order to access the central configuration you first need to load the secondary boot loader. I gather if this is a necessary procedure someone here must have done this, is it straight forward, does it take long, is it safe?

When you get that box come up about the secondary boot loader just click OK, if you've put those files you've downloaded in the correct place forscan should find them, DO NOT use focccus on your vehicle as it doesn't support it. 

Right, hopefully this is the final update to this project.

Today after the car had been given a good run about an hours drive in both directions, I decided to bite the bullet and go for the BCM programming. 

So for anyone reading this now or in the future doing the same thing and might have some reservations about the programming part. You need to connect to FORScan, click on the BCMii central configuration (main) and press the play button, you get a scary looking warning like I posted earlier in this thread (providing you have the correct calibration files) click ok. It takes a little while to load and the dash will flash up with brake fluid service and engine oil service. When it’s done it shows the list of what can be done, go down to the bottom and click the save button first before you make any changes. There are two alterations needed in here I can’t remember the wording but they both mention towing or towbar. Edit these to you configuration and click write. Scary warnings come up and things flash and shout but just follow the instructions. You’ll probably want to read the DTC’s as this process put quite a few into my car and clear them. 

Now after this I hooked up the the caravan and checked all the systems, external lights all worked and so did the internal ones.👍 But, when reverse was selected the parking sensors went crazy and were not switched off automatically as I thought they should be. So what I had to do was connect back to FORScan and went back into the PAM and enable both towbar options (as seen earlier) in there and now the sensors are switched off when the caravan is connected. No codes and it all seems fine. 🤞

Big thank you to @iantt and @Tebba for all your help and for your patience. Looking forward to my first caravan holiday now.

• Like 1

Good to hear you got it all sorted now. Enjoy your caravanning. 

I will thank you.

Also I’m pleased to say this little Diesel engine pulls it much better than the thirsty old 1.8 Duratec engine I got about 26 mpg when towing and it was a real struggle. So hopefully I won’t be holding you up in traffic.😇

You won't be holding me up, would  soon be giving you and your caravan a wide berth!! Lol 

Where in Warwickshire are you? I work in Warwickshire!! 

Hope I don't meet you and your caravan on the windy roads I use each day. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, iantt said:

You won't be holding me up, would  soon be giving you and your caravan a wide berth!! Lol 

I like what you did there 😉

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I like what you did there 😉

Glad someone noticed!! Lol

I’m usually floating around Henley-in-Arden or Stratford, holidays are normally up the A46 so avoid those areas and you’ll be fine. 😂 

• 6 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Matt92 said:

Here is what I have below.

The PAM module looks like this inside at the moment, this is where I tried to enable it but it throws the fault when I do.

BC6DAFAD-6EA5-478C-B646-2573E1DD7F07.thumb.jpeg.ae016835f3e0c342b4a51c8310047bb1.jpeg

Hi, I have followed your post and installed the electrics and towbar and they all work fine

The problem I have is the rear sensors are staying on. When I go into Forscan I get this rather than the page in your photo.

Any idea where I am going wrong ?

Screenshot (11).png

@Musketter I can’t remember, but is there more than one option for the PAM module? Yours says (as built configuration) whereas mine doesn’t in the picture. I think that might be your problem. Have another look, unfortunately the laptop I was using with FORScan at work has recently gone POP, so I don’t have access to it at the moment.

• 10 months later...
On 2/2/2019 at 3:31 PM, Matt92 said:

So, an update. I’ve had the car nearly 2 weeks now it had the camshaft recall sorted before I picked it up, all seems good so far.🤫

I’ve just had a poke around in the boot area behind the carpet and I’ve found what I believe to be the plugs for the towing module. Grey taped up at the top with a thick blue with red stripe and a thinner blue. Then the green plug taped lower down with four wires.

43FFB8D7-A73F-4567-9221-CE563E44F58C.thumb.jpeg.f850b9933ee5caffb9aefe9bf1c4fc8f.jpeg

Look like they should fit in one of these (picture by iantt from another thread).

6CC77BA6-D388-498B-A15D-156B7BBB7FE3.jpeg.9df514ac36e5420b067342f84cf93131.jpeg

Then I take it a 40 amp cartridge fuse would be fitted in the position just below the relay where you can see two spade terminals.

E93158FB-83FB-4709-BE6A-38D9EFF0D8B9.thumb.jpeg.61800559609990f3697788f20076ff9a.jpeg

Once that’s done and I’ve used Forscan to do the programming, will I then (in theory) have a complete 13 pin setup ready and working?

im looking to fit a towbar and electrics to my 65 plate focus estate, am i right in thinking in your first screenshot there is a grey connector wrapped up and at the bottom there is a green connector and i just try to buy this TP electric kit from PFJones and just plug two cables into the box and thats pretty much job done for the main car wiring, apart from adding a spade fuse?

If i dont have these 2 connector blocks wrapped in tape then its fair to assume my car doesnt have TP ?

• 2 weeks later...

@therob1

Sorry for the delay, I haven’t stopped by here for a while. That sounds about right what you’re saying, pull the trim back on the left hand side of the boot and see if those two plugs are present. If they are then it’s just a matter of plugging them into the box, if not then the kit comes with the extra wiring to run up to the BCM. 

I remember there being a difference somewhere with a permanent live going to the socket some have it like mine did already and others you have to install the wire between the fuse box in the boot and the grey plug (I think). Then there is also an additional kit that would be run to the socket on the car but PF Jones will probably be able to tell you exactly what you need.

Hope some of that is of help.😁

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I have 65 (2015) Ford Focus Titanium. Just received my Witter Towbar and a 13 pin wiring kit from ford which I plan to fit. I didn't see a module with a grey and green socket in the kit like in previous posts...

6CC77BA6-D388-498B-A15D-156B7BBB7FE3.jpe

Do I need that to get it all working?

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club