Matt92

2015 focus towbar fitting.

I’ve just downloaded foCCCus and having a look at it in offline mode I can see lines 20 & 76 is there any reason I shouldn’t plug back into my car and try activating it with this instead of FORScan?

Focccus wasn't really made for MK3.5 , only know for sure the MK3 it worked ok for. 

So looking on the FORScan forum, they say that in order to access the central configuration you first need to load the secondary boot loader. I gather if this is a necessary procedure someone here must have done this, is it straight forward, does it take long, is it safe?

9 hours ago, Matt92 said:

So looking on the FORScan forum, they say that in order to access the central configuration you first need to load the secondary boot loader. I gather if this is a necessary procedure someone here must have done this, is it straight forward, does it take long, is it safe?

When you get that box come up about the secondary boot loader just click OK, if you've put those files you've downloaded in the correct place forscan should find them, DO NOT use focccus on your vehicle as it doesn't support it. 

Right, hopefully this is the final update to this project.

Today after the car had been given a good run about an hours drive in both directions, I decided to bite the bullet and go for the BCM programming. 

So for anyone reading this now or in the future doing the same thing and might have some reservations about the programming part. You need to connect to FORScan, click on the BCMii central configuration (main) and press the play button, you get a scary looking warning like I posted earlier in this thread (providing you have the correct calibration files) click ok. It takes a little while to load and the dash will flash up with brake fluid service and engine oil service. When it’s done it shows the list of what can be done, go down to the bottom and click the save button first before you make any changes. There are two alterations needed in here I can’t remember the wording but they both mention towing or towbar. Edit these to you configuration and click write. Scary warnings come up and things flash and shout but just follow the instructions. You’ll probably want to read the DTC’s as this process put quite a few into my car and clear them. 

Now after this I hooked up the the caravan and checked all the systems, external lights all worked and so did the internal ones.👍 But, when reverse was selected the parking sensors went crazy and were not switched off automatically as I thought they should be. So what I had to do was connect back to FORScan and went back into the PAM and enable both towbar options (as seen earlier) in there and now the sensors are switched off when the caravan is connected. No codes and it all seems fine. 🤞

Big thank you to @iantt and @Tebba for all your help and for your patience. Looking forward to my first caravan holiday now.

Good to hear you got it all sorted now. Enjoy your caravanning. 

I will thank you.

Also I’m pleased to say this little Diesel engine pulls it much better than the thirsty old 1.8 Duratec engine I got about 26 mpg when towing and it was a real struggle. So hopefully I won’t be holding you up in traffic.😇

You won't be holding me up, would  soon be giving you and your caravan a wide berth!! Lol 

Where in Warwickshire are you? I work in Warwickshire!! 

Hope I don't meet you and your caravan on the windy roads I use each day. 

11 hours ago, iantt said:

You won't be holding me up, would  soon be giving you and your caravan a wide berth!! Lol 

I like what you did there 😉

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I like what you did there 😉

Glad someone noticed!! Lol

I’m usually floating around Henley-in-Arden or Stratford, holidays are normally up the A46 so avoid those areas and you’ll be fine. 😂