Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there a guide to fit parking sensors on a MK2 2005 Focus?

addiosamigo

Hi there, I've read the MK2.5 guide but was wondering if there is any information available for the MK2? I'm not great at anything like this so looking for drilling guide and wiring it up! Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers 

Ok so I successfully installed my sensors thanks to the excellent guide by pree, and some advice from the forum members by reading the parking sensors MK2.5 post. 

So for anyone wanting to do this here's the rundown. 

First of all the easiest way to see where to mark to drill is to remove the black trim. Behind this are the holes that Ford would use to install OEM ones.

Now getting the black trim off is a PITA. I was there for an hour. Don't use a screwdriver otherwise you can damage the metal of the boot. There's clips that are behind the bumper so you will have to get under the car and press them in if you can't get it off by just using force, I couldn't! 

Once thats off its just a case of lining up the center of the OEM holes, 3cm down from the bottom of the holes. 

Drill the holes (This was the easy bit) make sure there are no obstructions, should be able to see if you get under the car. I think there was a wire that was trailing down a bit but I just pushed it to the side. 

Fit the sensors by slotting them in. 

To wire up, (if a Ghia) the wiring loom will be on the right hand side, no bother if you look at left first as the grommet will just have no wires going into it.

Once you've located the wires in the grommet, remove the grommet. Remove as much of the insulation tape as you can, to separate all the wires. Feed the sensor wires through the grommet, make a little hole for each one, or a big one for all 4. Just make sure it's still pretty water tight as you don't want water getting in.

The positive wire for the reversing light is the green and black wire. This is the wire you will need to splice one of your power cables to (probably red ). Then splice the black wire to an earth wire which is a black wire(there should be two, I just chose one).

I used crimp connectors to connect the spliced wires as I have read on here that the scotch locks are not that great! 

Anyway it was easy enough with all the information I gleened from original forum post, so thanks all! 

I have attached a picture to show the black trim removed. 

IMG-20190112-WA0044.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club