Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low rpm loud noise (pls help)

CordonFreeman

i have Fiesta 2010 1.4i Zetec

There is some bad noise with car i cant solve, i got some mechanics and they dont know what this can be

I got strange rattling coming from engine place only on 1200 - 2000 rpm and only when accelerating, on idle no noise, gearbox shifting. clutch engine working fine with no any issue or strange sound.. .

I made some videos from engine place and from interior, i hope someone can hlp with that

This one is recorded in battery box near gearbox, problem is from 0:05 to 0:08 second gear accelerating and more noticable 0.10 to 0.14 3rd gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKNtqx ... u0-6u_zpQQ

and this one is car:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0EarnCJ9lbJ - vol up this is second gear only

There is one recorded from window, just dont mess up with wind noise

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1TqYg4FtjDd

I'm not 100% but I think you are describing the issue I am having. I have had the car around 1 year and I am getting as what I can only describe as a scraping/grinding noise when I accelerate between 1000 and 2500 rpm. The colder it is the louder and the harder I accelerate the worse it is. Also when I accelerate in neutral out of gear there is no noise, not sure if it is related to the gearbox. Mine seems to come from the left side of the engine bay and is like a noise over the engine noise

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Exactly like u said.. we got same problem. Did u check what this can be... everything i found on my car is some minimal click when i push engine up and back with my hands. Going to remove heat shields from exaust manifold to check for damage or leak.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Any uptade? I thought that might be heating shields or rusty exhaust / flexi pipe. I've changed them all and its still the same problem.

• 7 months later...

Hi. Any further thoughts on this?  Just got a 2013 1.25 Fiesta and seems like I have a similar issue.  I thought it sounded like a vibrating heat shield or something to do with the exhaust. Also seems to be louder on left hand side of the engine bay?

Trying to get some ideas about possible gremlins before I take it back to the Ford garage just to be told 'yeah, they all do that' 😋

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, sorry for late answer... After long time i fixed this problem. My problem was gearbox.

It was gearbox problem. I swaped for used one (150 euro) in my country.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Hi, I have the same sound on a Fiesta I have just bought. Were you ever told what the problem was with the gearbox. Thank you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club