Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snorkel Delete - Mk 2.5 with pics :)

ThePowster
聽Share

Evening chaps.

OK so more reading tonight and I come across this snorkel delete business, so I was out with the torch, my socket set, a knife and I set to it lol.

I took some pics for peeps like me who didn't have a clue what they was doing.

So ya start ere and remove the 4 screws in the plastic, I found the screws went into a plastic plug and it's the plugs you need to pull out.

1.thumb.jpg.bb63dc2b062c8cacffac34aa2f4f5a78.jpg

When you remove them you can see the snorkel, at least I hope this is it lol.

2.thumb.jpg.4f82fb9a01a0e80dcbb5ece2ddd773c4.jpg

I just pulled mine out the car and the smaller snorkel in the airbox also came out.

3.thumb.jpg.d2149311a60adaaaeeb34074452af780.jpg

This is the bad boy you wanna remove and throw in the bin, I mean, look at it, hardly a linear shape.

4.thumb.jpg.3170c9592feb1ef4311fbffeed25df00.jpg

With snorkel removed I popped this back, this is the wobbly bit, but I feel it offers some protection at least because you can see the air filter through the hole otherwise.

5.thumb.jpg.e1bfa415e31adef656dbc092731d0b81.jpg

Popped it back in and time to put the surround on and take her for a ride.

6.thumb.jpg.149234dfacb7382021951d307c9a1d24.jpg

You can just make it out through the front grill. There is a far better chance of it getting cold air this way than before.

7.thumb.jpg.f3e3f7465f42b3ba4d2385159f9e3d13.jpg

Ta-Da! Hopefully I did it right, not rocket science, took me all of 15 mins, could probably do it in 5 now I know what am doing.

8.thumb.jpg.4ff578cd843e926f4d3eafb12aa648e7.jpg

SO I took her for a drive, got her up to temp and with a stock dirty OE filter I can say, I heard no difference lol, can't say I felt any performance gains either, it's hard to tell because how can you compare that drive to my last from memory.

What I do know is, she felt pretty responsive and quick. I don't really have any complaints about the power and I have had some fast cars in my time, but I would like a bit more shove on boost is all.

I need to get a K&N ordered now and drop one in and see if I get any induction noise then, if not, I will just make whistling and wooshing noises in the cabin 馃檪

If anyone attempts this be careful not to break the bonnet lock mechanism.

• Like 1

If one can get there hands on a K&N57s kit聽

They will achieve better results without touching the snorkel as the 57s has a direct side cold feed which gives a noticeable increase in performance.聽

Or you could adapt a landrover snorkel on the wing going up the a pillar and attach a filter there lol.聽

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, martyntdci said:

Or you could adapt a landrover snorkel on the wing going up the a pillar and attach a filter there lol.聽

Really should for the price they cost, gain some respect or street credit 馃榿

• Haha 1

WP_20160506_18_10_50_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.6c1165f2c44d4f1997ebfb28601ce314.jpg

I made this a while back, sounded amazing!聽 I was well chuffed, based on the RS airbox.聽 Had it on for a couple of years without any bother, just keep the filter clean

• 4 years later...
On 1/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, Dee_82 said:

WP_20160506_18_10_50_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.6c1165f2c44d4f1997ebfb28601ce314.jpg

I made this a while back, sounded amazing!聽 I was well chuffed, based on the RS airbox.聽 Had it on for a couple of years without any bother, just keep the filter clean

Is this alongside a snorkel delete?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club