Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fan/Drive/Serperntine Belt Replacement - Ford Fiesta 1.25 2009

Craigh0911

Hi, 

Has anyone changed the Auxillary/Fan belt on a ford fiesta (Mines is 2009 model). 

The Haynes Manual says you need a tensioner kit etc. Although I've seen a few things online that say you can loosen the alternator a bit which gives you some slack. Anyone tried this?

Also any pictures or diagrams would be helpful. 

The cars making a squeaking noise which is coming from that area of the engine bay so want to replace the belt then see how it goes.

Thanks

Craig 

U have on yt how to place elastic belt without kit, its easy but u can do this only on crankshaft, i did on mine 1.4 zetec many times

Thank you, 

Is it possible to simply loosen the alternator to get some slack?

Also from when you did it, does the belt only go around 4 pully's? Crankshaft, water pump, AC and alternator? As mentioned, haynes manual isnt very clear. 

Thanks in advance. 

Craig

fordfiestabelt.thumb.jpg.3d79a33c223da65c91d49d3cb832e723.jpgThis is what im assuming it looks like?

(Not me btw)

pour some water on the belt whilst it is running and see if squeak changes. this should confirm it is belt.   Of course don't pour so much on it goes inside everything else.  this is harder to do on modern cars as not so much room down there

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club