Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double locking query on remote programming?

StephenFord
聽Share

I know to double lock my car, I simply press the 'lock' button on the remote twice within 3 seconds. I also know I can program the remote to unlock all 4 doors at once, or, just the drivers door. Is there any way to program the remote to automatically double lock the car on a single press of the lock button giving a twice indicator flash? (2005 Focus Mk2)

No, it can't be done afaik.聽 I wanted to do this on mine as the powerfold mirrors had a brief 'blip' when you press the second time for the deadlocks.聽 I was worried about it damaging the motors.聽 Of course, I couldn't be bothered for the mirrors to finish folding before the second press lol.聽 Only software that may have been able to do it on the Mk2 is ELMConfig but it definitely wasn't an option when I looked.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Now you're just being lazy Stephen!!!聽馃槈

I can see how it looks like that, but the thing I really want is a simple twice flash of the indicators on locking, wouldn't care if it was double or single locked, just miss the 'indicator' confirmation...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

No, it can't be done afaik.聽 I wanted to do this on mine as the powerfold mirrors had a brief 'blip' when you press the second time for the deadlocks.聽 I was worried about it damaging the motors.聽 Of course, I couldn't be bothered for the mirrors to finish folding before the second press lol.聽 Only software that may have been able to do it on the Mk2 is ELMConfig but it definitely wasn't an option when I looked.

pretty sure it is an options...聽聽 on later versions 2.17聽(fairly positive) I've seen it in GEM settings

• Like 1

If it was an 'option', I'll not have it! My car came with absolutely noting other than what Ford could get away with on the most basic of models...

He means an option on ELMConfig, it wasn't available as a standard thing.聽 If you've got an ELM327 cable, download ELMC' and have a look, I no longer own a Mk2 so can't double check myself now.

• Like 1

yes, GEM config page 2

Double locking (main configuration parameter) has a tick box, tick that grey box beneath becomes available which has a tick box "Double lock with one RC lock button press"

you can have drivers only unlock and auto lock

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club