Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need a top rad grill for a mk 2.5, mesh anyone?

ThePowster

Evening chaps.

OK so I need a new grill, the top one that the ford badge sits on with the key for the bonnet release, need another one of those too (long story) lol.

I don't want another original one to go back on, I would prefer an aftermarket one, needs to be relatively cheap, around 30 odd quid.

I would prefer all mesh if there is such a thing.

Any ideas anyone? Would an ST one fit?

I have had a look on evilbay and it says mk 2 to 2008, well mines this mk 2.5 business 2009 model. Are they the same? What difference is a mk 2.5 anyway.

Any pointers to any mesh grills would be most helpful.

Cheers 😎

10 minutes ago, ThePowster said:

Evening chaps.

OK so I need a new grill, the top one that the ford badge sits on with the key for the bonnet release, need another one of those too (long story) lol.

I don't want another original one to go back on, I would prefer an aftermarket one, needs to be relatively cheap, around 30 odd quid.

I would prefer all mesh if there is such a thing.

Any ideas anyone? Would an ST one fit?

I have had a look on evilbay and it says mk 2 to 2008, well mines this mk 2.5 business 2009 model. Are they the same? What difference is a mk 2.5 anyway.

Any pointers to any mesh grills would be most helpful.

Cheers 😎

The ST RS and ZetecS upper grill will fit the mk2.5 focus, 

The point five means it's a facelift model of the previous number, 

Your shape came out mid 2008-2011 

The lower grill if changing can either be a titanium with the chrome, a standard or a ZetecS but an ST or RS lower grill won't fit your focus, 

An ST front bumper will fit your focus but an RS bumper won't because the arches are wider, 

I've not saw a full mesh upper grill without the badge and lock in the centre, An RS upper grill is all mesh but wouldn't look right without the lower one matching in my opinion, 

Try eBay for grill 

This is a mk2 yours is a mk2.5 

s-l300.jpg.9d6cc3ddbcf4cc18a276213fce8a06f3.jpg

• Like 1

See … Knowledge is power! lol.

Thank you so much Lenny 🙂

Loads to go on there, so ST, RS and ZetecS. What year am I looking for? Do ST, RS etc also do a mk 2.5? What year of those variants am I looking at?

Appreciate the help, feeling like I might not have broke this after all lol 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThePowster said:

See … Knowledge is power! lol.

Thank you so much Lenny 🙂

Loads to go on there, so ST, RS and ZetecS. What year am I looking for? Do ST, RS etc also do a mk 2.5? What year of those variants am I looking at?

Appreciate the help, feeling like I might not have broke this after all lol 🙂

I've created a guide on fitting the lower grill 

Its among the list here: 

Always happy to help whenever I have the time, 

The mk2.5 is any focus from 2008-2011 

So a mk2.5 ST 2008-2011 upper grill will fit your focus but an ST lower grill won't.

A mk2 focus RS 2008-2011 upper grill will fit your focus lower grill won't, 

Mk2.5 ZetecS upper and lower grill will fit your focus 2008-2011 

Mk2.5 titanium upper grill is the same and standard but the lower grill on the titanium is two seperate parts, chrome surround and black centre, both upper and lower grills fit your focus.

Any further questions just ask mate 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crikey... Thanks a lot for that and for spelling it out for me, I was never sure what all this mark business was, still a learning curve lol.

Awesome to know which models I can search on.

Thanks muchly Lenny, evil bay here we come 👍

• Like 1

Lenny guide to success 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

Lenny guide to success 😂 

Dunno about that 😂 I wasted copious amounts of money on the focus which although was fun at the time has no return, should have put it in to the house sooner, 

Audio & screens upgrade was worth it but body kit, wheels etc. Not worth the investment 

bank-of-america-cdo.thumb.jpg.551710216e6ed56335dd2085f6de9854.jpg

• Like 1

But it's been a ace project and still is your baby regardless of cost..... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

But it's been a ace project and still is your baby regardless of cost..... 

True mate, it was all fun and experience, There was no talking to me at the time of blowing money on it, was fully what I wanted and still is my pride & joy 285,000km on the clock, I've had it from 0km and has never let me down 👍

Overall it was an experience some good some bad but all a learning process.

IMG_20140906_115912_zps73o8jji_edit_1411292502627_zpsvvbwoe2_edit_1414186320355_zpsxwuyy1d3.thumb.jpg.152f15067b4964613973edac6971777a.jpg

• Like 1

OK bit confused, this one says mk2 not mk 2.5 but it says compatible with 09 plate:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-Front-Radiator-Grille-1538478/272377047608?epid=1309753754&hash=item3f6aefea38:g:6TYAAOSwbw1aFDw~:rk:40:pf:0

Others also say mk2 but stop at 08 so not sure which one to believe lol.

Would the one in the linky work? If so I'll dig out the old credit card and get one ordered and a new lock.

• Like 1

272953283686 St one used tho

• Like 2

I've seen same cheaper on evilbay but I would like the ST one if it would fit cos I like the honeycomb thing and think it will make me faster lol.

Just the mk2 business that's throwing me. Goes up to an 11 plate, surely it will fit the 2.5?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThePowster said:

OK bit confused, this one says mk2 not mk 2.5 but it says compatible with 09 plate:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-Front-Radiator-Grille-1538478/272377047608?epid=1309753754&hash=item3f6aefea38:g:6TYAAOSwbw1aFDw~:rk:40:pf:0

Others also say mk2 but stop at 08 so not sure which one to believe lol.

Would the one in the linky work? If so I'll dig out the old credit card and get one ordered and a new lock.

Yes it will fit, 

I've searched the part number and ford says yes 

Here's a good supplier I used to use for genuine parts they were cheaper than my local dealer: 

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/radiator-grille 

Same part as your link, and in there description on my link it says it fits your model the mk2.5 so I'd go for it, 

Also if your really using your credit card directly on eBay; I suggest you setup a PayPal account for yourself instead for added buyer protection but the down side of a PayPal account is it makes it easier to buy stuff, lots of stuff 😂 every pay day I was like 

im-going-to-stop-buying-car-parts.jpg.65d84786c7efcf034f1591147ba9b4b4.jpg

• Like 1

😂😂

Thanks for the confirmation (and link, bookmarked) gonna go ahead and order than and the lock now, wow what a day this has been.

I'll need those clips too, 4 of I think, see if I can grab some while am ere.

Thanks all for saving me bacon 🙂

• Like 1

Top trumps again, u may need taking down a peg or two one day.... 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThePowster said:

😂😂

Thanks for the confirmation (and link, bookmarked) gonna go ahead and order than and the lock now, wow what a day this has been.

I'll need those clips too, 4 of I think, see if I can grab some while am ere.

Thanks all for saving me bacon 🙂

Improvising now until the delivery comes through 

😅 in fairness it ticked all the box's 

IMG_20141016_200047_zpsbb1snprl.thumb.jpg.9efa60ae171a23c7dfa3deced93f3324.jpg

• Like 1

£56.80 just because the bonnet wouldn't open 😤

Mind you got an updated grille and a new lock n key. Not too happy about having to carry an extra key but then I thought, don't need to carry it, just leave it in glovebox, sorted 👍

snap1049.thumb.jpg.1429617402b3b150d2aa8c0be50032de.jpg

• Like 1

Right next question.. Larger intercooler 🤣

Nah I will wait to see if I can install this lot safely first before I break sommat else.

• Like 1

Just now, ThePowster said:

£56.80 just because the bonnet wouldn't open 😤

Mind you got an updated grille and a new lock n key. Not too happy about having to carry an extra key but then I thought, don't need to carry it, just leave it in glovebox, sorted 👍

snap1049.thumb.jpg.1429617402b3b150d2aa8c0be50032de.jpg

You should bring it to ford for next service but don't give them the bonnet key, 

See if they notice 😉 some dealerships wouldn't as they would just check brakes and send her on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePowster said:

Right next question.. Larger intercooler 🤣

Nah I will wait to see if I can install this lot safely first before I break sommat else.

ST intercooler straight swap also check out nbstyling UK for there range of straight swap turbo upgrades https://nbstyling.co.uk if your diesel 👍

• Like 1

St intercooler same size. Lenny there are no ends to your tallents 

• Like 1

Crikey that's not good about Ford dealer.

Straight swap? Eeeekkkk… This is going to cost me much money.

I wonder how much behind my rent I can get before I get in trouble lol.

Cheers for link I will check out nbstyling too 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, martyntdci said:

St intercooler same size. Lenny there are no ends to your tallents 

It's like I'm possessed somthing overcomes my hands and the text appears even I'm surprised myself at times 😂 I've been on here since 2010 can't help myself, I've read it all and relayed it many times.

• Haha 1