Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2014 - Auto Start-Stop - Update

Goldilocks

This is an update to my previous posts:-

I took my Fiesta into the main dealer last week for them to test and the auto stop/start which had not been working since I purchased the car from them early in December '18.

I was told that the battery was only at 50% charge and they said that may have been the reason why the auto stop/start was not working.

I am surprised the battery was only at 50% charge.  I only purchased the car from the Ford dealer at the beginning of December '18 and I took it down the motorway to Brighton and back to London and so I would have thought the battery would have had sufficient charge.

When I collected the car from the dealer last week I was pleased to see that the auto stop/start was working as I drove home and it continued to work for at least for another few days. The auto stop/start now comes on sometimes and other times it does not work. I have made sure that the auto start/stop is not turned off and I have turned off the climate control except it just hasn't worked today (I will try again later). Even though I will probably not use the auto start/stop that often I feel that it should work.

Before I book the car back in with the dealer does anyone have any helpful suggestions or advice - Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...

This is an update to my previous posts:-
I took my Fiesta into the main dealer last week for them to test and the auto stop/start which had not been working since I purchased the car from them early in December '18.
I was told that the battery was only at 50% charge and they said that may have been the reason why the auto stop/start was not working.
I am surprised the battery was only at 50% charge.  I only purchased the car from the Ford dealer at the beginning of December '18 and I took it down the motorway to Brighton and back to London and so I would have thought the battery would have had sufficient charge.
When I collected the car from the dealer last week I was pleased to see that the auto stop/start was working as I drove home and it continued to work for at least for another few days. The auto stop/start now comes on sometimes and other times it does not work. I have made sure that the auto start/stop is not turned off and I have turned off the climate control except it just hasn't worked today (I will try again later). Even though I will probably not use the auto start/stop that often I feel that it should work.
Before I book the car back in with the dealer does anyone have any helpful suggestions or advice - Thanks in advance.
I had to reset my battery Monitoring System on my focus to get the stop start to work. However my battery is about 6 years old (think it's the oridginal one).

Search my posts, someone showed the process for you to do it yourself.

Although they have said if you do reset it and your battery is only holding up to 60% charge then it could see up the alternator as resetting makes the system think the battery is at 100 %

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club