Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will a memory saver work for 07 Focus? - Battery needs replacing

FF57

Hi All,

My battery in my 2007 Focus Mk2 has been dying for the last few months and now requires a jump start from my battery pack pretty much all the time which is ***** frustrating.

I have purchased a new battery for the car and I have gotten one of these Memory saver's and I have no idea if it will work in my car. I only got one remote key when I got the car second hand and I know it can get expensive going to the dealer if I wipe the memory and don't have 2 keys to reprogram it back myself.

Has anyone tried these with success, I know I need to bite the bullet with getting a second key anyway, so maybe I just get one before changing the battery to be safe??

Any thoughts, comments or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

disconnecting the battery will not affect your key it will wipe the code from the radio but your car will still start after you change the battery 😊

• Like 3

disconnecting the battery will not affect your key it will wipe the code from the radio but your car will still start after you change the battery [emoji4]
Took the words out of my mouth [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:
11 minutes ago, dezwez said:
disconnecting the battery will not affect your key it will wipe the code from the radio but your car will still start after you change the battery emoji4.png

Took the words out of my mouth

lol 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

disconnecting the battery will not affect your key it will wipe the code from the radio but your car will still start after you change the battery 😊

Lol well now I feel stupid. I assumed the radio/immobiliser would be wiped together. OK. So if I use the memory saver but it doesn't work the worse case is that I have to reprogram in the time etc to my radio? Fair enough. Thanks for the input, I will get cracking on with it tomorrow after work then.

15 minutes ago, FF57 said:

So if I use the memory saver but it doesn't work the worse case is that I have to reprogram in the time etc to my radio? Fair enough. Thanks for the input, I will get cracking on with it tomorrow after work then.

There are a few other possible impacts of a battery disconnect. Some ECU adaptions may be lost, and the car could run a bit rougher, or less efficiently for a while after until it re-learns. Some minor options like window opening options can be lost and need re-programming.

The Memory Saver is just a low powered battery charger. It should work on a Focus since the cigar lighter / power point is permanently on, direct to the battery, so sticking 12v to 14v in there will keep the system alive while the battery is off. If you short the battery terminals, or use central locking, or any other high current load, then the memory saver will not cope (0.8A max, it says). It will not be damaged, or do any harm, but the voltage may drop below the memory loss level.

I have done this using a standard battery charger when changing my battery. Kept the system alive continuously.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club