thelawman

Change from mph to km/h

I've recently moved to NZ from the UK and I've shipped my 2017 Edge Titanium over here too. One unexpected (minor) quirk I've come across is that having changed the units from miles to km all seems to be well, but the speed limit sign recognition/auto limit function isn't working properly.  It recognises speed limit signs fine (eg 80 shows up correctly on the dashboard), but the auto limit doesn't then set itself correctly. Eg, for a 100 limit sign, the auto limit sets itself to 157 km/h.  It looks as though it expects the sign to be mph and it then converts the auto limit to km/h.  That's only a guess and I'd be surprised if that's the case - I'm hoping that I've missed a setting somewhere or maybe I'm just not using it properly!

I wondered if anyone has driven their UK Edge in Europe or another km/h country and has come across this issue, or if anyone might have any ideas about what's going on?   

This might work, not sure though. The Sign recognition software is country dependant, Some early Edges came through still with the Canadian software on and this stopped it working in the UK.

You could try and go to an NZ Ford Dealer and get them to update the sign recognition software with a local NZ file and see if that fixes it.

You might have to pay for it but if it works it will be money well spent.

Thanks Hamster!  I've got to take it in to the dealer next week for the air con recall anyway, so I'll see what they say.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:10 PM, Hamster said:

You might have to pay for it but if it works it will be money well spent.

Shouldn't need to pay at all, if it doesn't currently work, its a warranty issue!

Now come on, don't be daft. The vehicle was bought in the UK for use in the UK Market. The Camera Recognition Software ect. worked OK in the UK.

The OP has now transported the Vehicle to a completely different Market.

Explain to me how this can possibly be a manufacturing defect?

H

47 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Now come on, don't be daft. The vehicle was bought in the UK for use in the UK Market. The Camera Recognition Software ect. worked OK in the UK.

The OP has now transported the Vehicle to a completely different Market.

Explain to me how this can possibly be a manufacturing defect?

My bad! Didn't read the original post (mentioning the relocation). Doh!

Thats OK!