JPorter

HELP! - Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI - Engine Malfunction Fault - Car Won't Start

Hi Everyone,

My lovely Focus is currently at the garage as I was driving to work on Friday and it decided that it didn't want to go, cut out and now won't start again! I can't particulary blame it, but it could of taken me back home..!

It came up with a message on the dash board saying "Engine Malfunction" and then had no power and the engine had stalled. Pulled over to the hard shoulder and tried to start it again, but to no avail. It turns over just fine but does not want to start at all! I managed to get it going a couple times but when I did, as soon as I tried to rev the engine, the car cut out again and won't start..

So, AA Called and he found a few codes. His breakdown report says this: We have recovered your vehicle.Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - Z1G / Diesel EDC 16C34 5.95P1260 - Immobilizer. Error Message : Malfunction.P0490 - Exhaust-gas recirculation system. Error Message : Control on upper stop.P0698 - Power supply for sensors 3. Error Message : Signal too low.P0193 - Rail pressure sensor. Error Message : Open circuit/earth/positive short.

Now, that means nothing to me but the main problem he said to me was that the fuel pressure was at 2700 PSI while having the ignition switched on. He said that this was probably the main problem and persumes it may be a sensor?

Very basic from him, but you can't expect everything to be easy..!

Now the car has been at the garage since Friday and still has not started once, I had to get it towed there by the AA...

My car is a 2010, Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI.

I just need some assistance to as what this could be as the garage isn't coming up with anything!

The car only has 71000 miles on the clock so it's not exactly worn out and it also had a FULL service at 63000 miles so is due another in 2000 miles! I like to do my cars every 10,000 miles.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Can anyone suggest anything so I can reccommend to the garage?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Joshua.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:49 PM, JPorter said:

Hi Everyone,

My lovely Focus is currently at the garage as I was driving to work on Friday and it decided that it didn't want to go, cut out and now won't start again! I can't particulary blame it, but it could of taken me back home..!

It came up with a message on the dash board saying "Engine Malfunction" and then had no power and the engine had stalled. Pulled over to the hard shoulder and tried to start it again, but to no avail. It turns over just fine but does not want to start at all! I managed to get it going a couple times but when I did, as soon as I tried to rev the engine, the car cut out again and won't start..

So, AA Called and he found a few codes. His breakdown report says this: We have recovered your vehicle.Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - Z1G / Diesel EDC 16C34 5.95P1260 - Immobilizer. Error Message : Malfunction.P0490 - Exhaust-gas recirculation system. Error Message : Control on upper stop.P0698 - Power supply for sensors 3. Error Message : Signal too low.P0193 - Rail pressure sensor. Error Message : Open circuit/earth/positive short.

Now, that means nothing to me but the main problem he said to me was that the fuel pressure was at 2700 PSI while having the ignition switched on. He said that this was probably the main problem and persumes it may be a sensor?

Very basic from him, but you can't expect everything to be easy..!

Now the car has been at the garage since Friday and still has not started once, I had to get it towed there by the AA...

My car is a 2010, Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI.

I just need some assistance to as what this could be as the garage isn't coming up with anything!

The car only has 71000 miles on the clock so it's not exactly worn out and it also had a FULL service at 63000 miles so is due another in 2000 miles! I like to do my cars every 10,000 miles.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Can anyone suggest anything so I can reccommend to the garage?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Joshua.

Did you find out the issue mine is doing the exact same thing i haventa clue wot it might be.