Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to replace slver handbrake release button?

StephenFord
聽Share

The handbrake release button on my handbrake is cosmetically cracked & broken, though it still works. Is it easy to replace or do you need to dismantle the whole handbrake mechanism to do so? Did a search here but couldn't find anything...

Image00001.thumb.jpg.f4e306d2e6ce0e17524d97a355320cf8.jpg

• Like 1

I think its more like renew hand brake leaver聽馃槉

• Sad 1

Bump. Picking part up this afternoon and would be grateful for any fitting tips from anyone that has done it before...

All done, nice and shiny! Removing the old button is a destructive process, so don't just experiment if yours is in good condition! Use a slim flat blade screwdriver, and place in between the black rubber lever, and the plastic button. You can then start to wiggle it out, where it will kindly break and self destruct. Just proceed to remove all the bits including maybe levering the bottom too. Putting the new bit in is a simple push fit, but be careful to orientate it so the longer bit is upper most. You need to jab it with the palm of your hand till you hear both top & bottom clips locate themselves. Now, 拢13 is extortionate for a tiny bit of plastic, but, there you go...

Part No. F1447426

Image00001.thumb.jpg.2c10ae896071aa0326c7c2e5e90afe56.jpg

2031202645_oldandnewcaption.thumb.jpg.3766786c778cca4b2f4b67b2f047eac9.jpg

• Like 3

I like little touches like that. A job well done!!!馃憤

• 1 year later...

So the spring inside and what-not just stays in there and you basically jimmy'd on there real 'careful' ? I ask because my button just exploded when i pushed the button. It was about 10 degrees and plastic get brittle. But it's an '06 so not a bad run. Thanks for the pics and tips!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club