Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 1.8 tdci fuel pump.

Ryan1985

Hi guys, can any one point me in to the direction of a how to guide to replace a high pressure fuel pump on this engine.

The engine is timed up and cam belt off, need to see how to remove the pump?

16 hours ago, Ryan1985 said:

can any one point me in to the direction of a how to guide to replace a high pressure fuel pump on this engine

Haynes has a page and a bit, with photos, on replacing this pump. I have not put it to the test, and Haynes is far from perfect on modern cars, but it looks to be a good start. If you already have the belt off, then I don't think there any major difficulties, except one: The huge importance of extreme cleanliness when dealing with any of the high pressure fuel pipes, or the fuel pipe into the pump. Invisible bits of swarf & dirt will easily wreck both the pump and the injectors.

Ford technicians use a mini vacuum cleaner I believe.

If you do not already have it, Haynes would be a worthwhile investment for such a critical and potentially expensive job. If urgent, it looks like if you order a manual from the website, you get access to an on-line version immediately.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, Ryan1985 said:

Any one guys?

@Ryan1985, I've pm'd you regarding the Haynes manual.

• Like 1