Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Second year service

SuttonRider

The car's coming up for its second year service. Do all Ford dealers charge the same? Roughly how much would the basic 2nd year service be? (Focus 1.5)

On 8/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, CR91 said:

I found This video on YouTube of a guy in Denmark putting the footwell lights in his MK8 ST-Line in. 

There are also some very helpful posts in this Facebook post. Having read through that tonight, I’m going to have a look this week at getting the wire out of the drivers side that I’ve been struggling with and order the part. The genuine ford part no is 2112634. 

I paid £243 for my second service on my Grand Cmax 1.5 tdci, this is more expensive than the first service as it includes brake fluid change. 

Some dealers will quote a price for a service in advance. The problem comes when you pick up the car and they present a list of faults that they found but didn't fix because it was outside the fixed price. I prefer that the dealer rings me for authorization if they find anything major but otherwise service the vehicle as needed, I don't ask for a price in advance. The dealer I use  is in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire which might be near you judging by your user name and location.

Dealers have different prices the big main dealers charge more than the smaller ones.

• Like 1

If your 'dealer' has plush marble flooring, dedicated reception staff, and free coffee/snacks, look elsewhere. You are paying for all that...😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pcaouolte said:

Some dealers will quote a price for a service in advance. The problem comes when you pick up the car and they present a list of faults that they found but didn't fix because it was outside the fixed price. I prefer that the dealer rings me for authorization if they find anything major but otherwise service the vehicle as needed, I don't ask for a price in advance. The dealer I use  is in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire which might be near you judging by your user name and location.

You're right on the location. I've booked it in to the dealers and did asked "How much?" they were vague, as this will be the car's 2nd birthday and its only got 12.5k on the clock there shouldn't be extras that aren't covered under warrantee. But I agree, I would also prefer a phone call if they find anything not under warrantee. So I'm guessing £200 to £250 (basically for an oil and filter, not bad work if you can get it).

One of the things I look for when sevicing is the free roadside assistance. About £40 is you go thro your insurance company.

3 minutes ago, Htpearg0 said:

One of the things I look for when sevicing is the free roadside assistance. About £40 is you go thro your insurance company.

List of participating dealers...

Free roadside assistance dealers...

Thanks guys, I've got a price now £199 with the Roadside Assist.

3 hours ago, YOG said:

Just to confirm, the "Roadside Assistance" covers both the UK and Europe:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/service-promotions/assistance

Will that change after 29th March?? Only joking LOL

having them phone you and tell you what else needs doing - is it good?

2nd service on my current fiesta at 22k miles.  they phoned and said front brake pads urgently need doing and they can do it now and have it ready for the time i had already agreed to collect car. I said No because I knew it was a lie. When I collected car they mentioned it again with a written report saying that the front pads urgently need replacing.

Car now has 45,500 miles on and the front pads have not been done yet (but they are getting low now). That is more than twice the mileage when they said they urgently need doing. Do not agree to have anything done unless they have shown you the problem first. 

Ford main dealer that was. 

Depends if you trust the dealer. I have been using the same small family owned dealer for more than 30 years. They don't lie to me. I would hate going to collect a car only to find that it needed more work and I would have to book it in again. The only reason that I run Ford cars rather than any other make is the trust that I have in this small, reasonably priced, local dealer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

The only reason that I run Ford cars rather than any other make is the trust that I have in this small, reasonably priced, local dealer.

Same here. It's the service from the local (still independent, but for how much longer?) dealer that keeps me going back to Ford for at least one of our cars.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, SuttonRider said:

The car's coming up for its second year service. Do all Ford dealers charge the same? Roughly how much would the basic 2nd year service be? (Focus 1.5)

Have a look here:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/book-a-service#!/vehicle-step

The difference in price charged is sometimes quite a lot.  My local Ford dealer is independent and charges a lot less than the national chain named dealers.

Interesting. According to that link the dealer I usually use would charge £255 for my next service whilst another close to me would charge £382.65. Quite a difference. I won't be changing from the usual dealer.

14 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

Interesting. According to that link the dealer I usually use would charge £255 for my next service whilst another close to me would charge £382.65. Quite a difference. I won't be changing from the usual dealer.

Your dealer is in Sutton Bridge as is mine. They quoted £199, a long way off £255

Yes, but my car is a lot older than yours so the service requirements will be different. 😉

• Like 1