Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Full-LED headlights replacement

Martijn89

Hi all,

When I bought my ST-Line X the full LED option was not available unfortunately, I do have the Halogen projector lamps. Whilst I think they are pretty, I really like the look of the full-LED headlights from the ST. And I see it is now available on other models as well. I found quite a few online for sale already, they are not too expensive.

Does anyone know if these full LED lamps can be fitted? The size is not the issue I guess, but I guess the connectors and cables might need to be replaced as well. And then it might require some changes in the system as well. I will ask Ford at my next service, but wanted to check if anyone here has more information or even changed the lamps with the full-LED version already. Thanks!

Hi,

Including myself, i think quite a few people would be interested in doing this. I haven't heard of anyone having done this already but I think the amount of work included would be quite a lot. 

Likely that the connectors and lamps would require replacing but also the LED's are self-levelling so I am assuming that some sensors would need to be placed somewhere (my guess would be suspension). I cannot see Ford wanting to touch it (and if they do, the cost would be hefty) so there may end up being a garage or two pop up who might offer that job but as the car is still pretty new as a model, I cannot see that being any time soon. 

If anybody does have any info, it would be good to hear as I too wasnt able to order them as they weren't available at time of purchase. 

The cost would be huge they need self lebeling sensors itted to the suspension, front and rear, also believe you need a forward facing camera and light sensors, the wiring will be different.

All possible if you are very handy round cars and electrics,

Thanks you both.. Yeah I forgot about those sensors for the leveling. I really wish they'd released those full-led lamps when the car was released, I would have been happy to pay a bit extra for them. Now it's probably a whole lot more.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 years later...

Do you get the job done can you Help me? Um on these situation top. Please

It is an awful lot of extra cost and complication to make little difference to the already very good headlights on the Mk8. In a few years' time, the levelling sensors will probably have started to become unreliable which will be a nuisance come MOT time.  I think last Friday was the first time that I have driven the car for any distance at night (having earlier in the evening travelled from Maidstone to Salisbury in about an hour and forty five minutes taking in a twenty mile detour on the way. If the numbers come up, I'm having a Eurofox of my own!) I was very impressed with the field and range of the dipped beam and find the main beam to be pretty satisfactory, too. It ain't broke, so I wouldn't fix it just for cosmetic appeal. If you aren't impressed with them, try driving an Up! in the dark. It doesn't hold a candle to the Ford - almost literally!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club