Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Google maps on sync 3

NeilRS

Over on the Focus RS sites people are talking about google maps now being available on synch 3 through CarPlay.  Looks really smart with the satellite maps. I’m out of the country at the moment otherwise I’d check- is it working on the Edge? 

2 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Over on the Focus RS sites people are talking about google maps now being available on synch 3 through CarPlay.  Looks really smart with the satellite maps. I’m out of the country at the moment otherwise I’d check- is it working on the Edge? 

No idea on car play but it works great on the Edge with Android Auto 😋

Yes it works with Apple Car Play in the Edge with Sync 3

Just tried it out today.  Did one journey on Apple Maps, one on Google Maps and one on the Ford Sat Nav and the Ford voice is the best to listen to, plus it doesn’t use my phone data like the other two. 

I wonder if the Google maps are more up to date than the ford system though? And traffic alerts? 

Used Google maps on Android auto in Mustang in usa earlier this month and it worked well, ESP with traffic jams. Re routed me around very well. The location of the traffic jams were very accurate. 

I tend to use Via Michelin and Waze on my phone as they both take into account the fact that I'm towing a 'van and they don't have this hidden "take the narrowest route" setting that the Ford sat nav does. 

The google maps traffic certainly shows amber, red etc on junctions but then Fords system shows hold ups and re-routes. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club