Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear washer problem

mikf32132

Hi all, 

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this as im relatively new here.

Since i bought my mk7 fiesta about 5 months ago, the rear washer has not worked. The front washer, wiper works, as well as the rear wiper but not the rear washer. On the wiper stalk, if i pull the stick forward twice which should activate the rear washer, the front washers turn on which should be turned on by pressing the button at the end of the stick. I was wondering if the pump or fuse had gone or if someone had played around with the tubing for the washers. If any of you have any ideas that would be really great. 

Thanks for any help at all

Mike

On my Fiesta you have to pull the stick toward you to operate the rear washer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

On my Fiesta you have to pull the stick toward you to operate the rear washer.

It is the same on my fiesta, check splitter on the tubing that splits the flow between the front and the rear, these easily clog. Also it would not be the pump or the fuse because it is the same pump and fuse for the front.

Thanks for the replies guys,

The problem is the fact that pulling the stick forward activates the front washer, not the back. And pushing the button in doesn't do anything!

I'll have a look at the checking if the tubing is blocked as you say, maybe the tubes are connected the wrong way round.

Thanks for the responses

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club