Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiny side mirrors

Sjwhite

I find the side mirrors to be really small and I spend a lot of time moving them for parking and driving.  Is this just me and there is a position that works well for both?  I find that if I have good road sight while driving then I can't see for parking where my wheels are and end up having to open the door or completely re-align the mirrors which are then completely unsuitable for driving.

The add-on mirrors look pretty naff to me, but if it means I have improved visibility I will get some.  I just wanted to make sure that its just my inability to find that sweet spot before I splashed out.

I'm assuming you are talking about the MK8? Yes, I too find the mirrors too small. I'm not sure if a sweet spot as such can be found. On mine, I have the mirrors correctly adjusted for driving but I too think they're not large enough for parking. On my previous car, if I moved in the seat, I could get a good view of where the kerb is, sadly on the Fiesta the mirrors are just too small for that and I dont think their slightly odd shape helps either. If you are looking to buy, I would recommend the rear view camera and the BLIS, the camera really helps with parking as I actually find the rear visibility to be poor too and BLIS is a bit of a 50/50 - helps but nothing you can't do by simply checking your own blind spot. 

I know the above sounds a little negative but it is a good and recommendable car, it's just my reflection of how I find the visibility to be 🙂 

Thanks.  I already have the car and find the rear camera and BLIS useful, but I think I will get the little mirrors to see if they give me the added view I want.  It’s mainly for parking as I find when I do have the mirrors positioned plus the BLIS system driving is fine.  I find the anti-collision system in car parks excellent when reversing out of a spot.

you’re right it’s a fab car and this is the only negative I’ve found after a few months of ownership.

• Like 1

I have to agree, the wing mirrors on the mk 8 are TINY!! I drove an ST-Line mk 8 hire car and although I liked the car itself, the wing mirrors are the size of beer coasters...

I have a mk 7 Fiesta van and even if I was planning on upgrading, there's no way I'd buy a mk 8 van: the tiny wing mirrors barely cover the blind spot in the car, so there's no way I'd feel safe using them in the panel van.

Even the AutoExpress review of the new van listed the tiny mirrors as one of the major cons of the vehicle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club