Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium X TPMS/DDS

Rob The Gringo

Evening All.

Hoping someone may be able to Shed light on a issue I have on my MK7.5 2016 Titanium X.

I recently bought a new 17inch alloy to replace a kerbed one on my Fiesta. Brand new complete with tire from a salvage yard in Birmingham.

I expected to see a TPMS error as soon as I changed wheels or at least when i drove off on it. No TPMS error at all. As far as I am aware 2016 will have TPMS and not DDS. any ideas anyone as I still  have 4 month ford warranty left.

Many thanks.

Picture is of the new wheel.

IMG_20181229_210124.jpg

When you say new alloy wheel, you mean brand new or new to you? 

It will have a sensor already fitted if it came off a 2014 or newer car.  Easy to check. Look at tyre valve for a ridge round the rubber part. 

Your car will pick up the sensor when you first drive it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iantt said:

When you say new alloy wheel, you mean brand new or new to you? 

It will have a sensor already fitted if it came off a 2014 or newer car.  Easy to check. Look at tyre valve for a ridge round the rubber part. 

Your car will pick up the sensor when you first drive it. 

Hello Iantt.

The wheel I Bought just before Christmas was Brand New. From a Salvage/Breakers in Birmingham. With correct Continental tyre and everything. It was to replace my front offside. I just did a straight swap with the ignition off, checked and adjusted all tyre pressure. Switched on ignition no TPMS fault. Did a reset just for the sake of it  then went for a drive. No issue at all. I just assumed it throw up a TPMS fault and I would have to relearn the valves.

I Don't believe each individual wheel sensor is coded to the car just as long as it is compatible it will pick up the signal and just work. The only downside to this if a tyre pressure becomes low it can't tell you which tyre caused the warning. But on the plus side you can rotate the tyres without issue. If you want to test the sensor just let some air out 10psi should be enough to trigger a warning on the dash. 

• Like 1

Coding to a mk7.5 fiesta is not essential as the cluster doesn't display each wheels tyre pressure Individually. Just says tyre pressure low or something similar. 

Mk8 does require coding to each wheel position. 

As I said previously. You can check the tyre valve for ridge to confirm, but as there's no malfunction message I'm very sure it has got sensor. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club