Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK8 upgrades

Smartd00d

I can confirm the centre console with armrest/cup holder leds and the auto climate control heater from an ST-Line X/Titanium are a direct and simple upgrade for the Standard ST-Line that comes with no armrest and manual heater as standard. Only 6 screws and fully plug-and-play.

I would have expected climate control would need sensors, etc when upgrading from standard heating controls?

• Like 1

It does seem to work well..

The only thing I’m not 100% about is whether an interior cabin temperature sensor is required or if all trims already have that sensor.

Adjusting the temperature definitely changes the blower speed, the vents it comes out of and the air temperature but the weather’s a bit too cold to really determine if it’s sensing interior temp and adjusting these things from feedback.

Does anyone know if the MK8 has an internal temp sensor and if so if it is present on all trim levels?

On 1/21/2019 at 3:40 PM, Smartd00d said:

It does seem to work well..

The only thing I’m not 100% about is whether an interior cabin temperature sensor is required or if all trims already have that sensor.

Adjusting the temperature definitely changes the blower speed, the vents it comes out of and the air temperature but the weather’s a bit too cold to really determine if it’s sensing interior temp and adjusting these things from feedback.

Does anyone know if the MK8 has an internal temp sensor and if so if it is present on all trim levels?

A good way to test it is to try changing the temp when the interior is cold. Set the temp to a low setting at first, then turn it up and see if the speed changes. Then once the car is warm inside adjust the temp again so its colder and see if the aircon kicks in. 

I'm really interested to see if that works.

It appears that the MK8 fiesta needs cabin temperature sensors and a different sun load sensor and possibly an intake damper position sensor (!).

Anyone know part codes for these pls?

So I’m guessing what I said above didn’t work? Shame.

Try the Facebook groups. There is a guy on there that works in Ford parts department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Reall want to do the centre console change but not confident enough to do it myself, know I’ll F something up and break it!

• 3 years later...

I did the centre console change yesterday on my sons car to add the arm rest. It was a fairly easy change, just need patience to not break clips and plugs. I m waiting for new heater control panel inc climate control to be delivered. Does anyone know it simply changing the control panel will work? e.g. is the cabin temperature sensor within the panel?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club