Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying advice a Ford Mondeo MK5 2015 2.0 TDCi 180ps

motokierownik

Good evening,

I'm new here and my name is Andrzej. I would like to ask about buying a Ford Mondeo MK5 from 2015 year. Manual gearbox, 2.0 TDCi 180ps. I can buy this car on low price because of very high mileage approx. 320000 km. Car is serviced all the time. It doesn't had any accident before. Double-mass wheel has been changed on 270000 km.

I would like to ask of any advice if this is car is worth of interesting about? It has basic equipment, original painting. Engine is working very good and has power. Gearbox also is working very good. Is there is something that I should be affraid of? I know that this is complicated diesel. It has EGR, turbo-charging, delphi injectiors and DPF 3rd genration with additional injection. I know that those components can fault and they will call high price to fix. But after 300k km how high is the risk of those failures to be appear? Is there anythink elese in this model that can break down?

Thanks for any input.

Andrzej.

The engine is the least of your worries, I would check all the suspension bushes and linkages these can end up expensive to repair. 

How much is cheap compared to normal prices and mileage?

• Like 1

Check for any TSBs that may be outstanding, there were a couple for that engine I believe.

A ‘sagging’ dash is a big issue at the moment, it may include the 2015 - the fb group I linked above has a lot of info about that. 

Depending on the wheels there is a lot of talk about corrosion on the alloys, also steering wheel wearing very poorly and the leather cracking/peeling. 

Brakes and tyres aren’t quite high wear too, majority of people get about 16K out of their tyres and not much more out of their brakes but that’s normal for the car.

i loved mine

• Like 1

Thank you for reply. Normal price in Poland for 2015 year is approx 11500 EUR. I can get it for about 8100 EUR. Everything is working fine. Suspension, electronic equipment. It doesn't have navigation system, heated seats, cruise control.

But it has drive line assistant, dynamic led headlamps and special air bag seat belts. 

Manual gearbox as I mentioned is working very well. Clutch also is in great condition in my opinion.

Steering wheel has some wear symptoms with peeling leather. It has 16 inch alloy wheels with nice winter tires. Alloy wheels are in good condition (for that high mileage).

I'm sorry but what do you mean about "A ‘sagging’ dash is a big issue at the moment"?

And what about rotating flaps in the suction manifold. Is this a problem in this engine. I know that a lot of other diesel engines have problems with them.

Sounds like it might be worth a punt at that price 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't have facebook account...

Generally I don't buy diesel engine cars but this one I can get from my company and I can test it as maximum as I need. Tomorrow probably I will take this car to the station to test it and connect computer for diagnostic report.

Looks very nice. Interior could be made with higher quality materials. 

I heard also that climatronic system can make some problems. What do you think?

Dual zone climate control? Not heard a great deal of problems about that particular aspect of the car. Mine was a 15 plate and was perfect. 

• Like 1

Yes. There is 2-zone climate control. Car's 1-st registraion is from October 2015.

12 hours ago, motokierownik said:

Yes. There is 2-zone climate control. Car's 1-st registraion is from October 2015.

Its normally ok.

• Like 1

Do you know maybe where can I decode a VIN number to see equipment installed in this car and version?

ETIS

i have an account if you want to send me the VIN I can check for you, you can create your own account if you register as an IO

• Like 1

I appreciate. Please check it:

WF0EXXWPCEFS14120

Thank you in advance.

You’re welcome. 

Some items on the list are not on the car, indicated by the word ‘less’

Yes. This is not a full version :) Today I'm going to go with this car to service and check everything what is possible to check. Mondeo MK 5 is a very nice look car.

I'm not sure if this car (with 320000 km mileage) is not a ticking bomb. We'll see.

OK. So I went to the service. Brakes, suspention and everything under car is in great condition. Shock absorbers 80-85% level. 

But... It has problem with turbo charger. Turbo is leaking oil and need to be replaced or refurbrished. But this is tipical for this mileage I think?

Computer said that there is intermittent problem with valve phase (regulation valve phase B - too big accelaration - unknown error). This is not constant. There are some errors with communication with module of the back door and brake pead switch. 

Brake switch error actually doesn't appear. 

I think this car is in better condition then I thought. Only this turbo needs fast responding in service, changing oil and timing belt with water pump.

Today I made by this car over 50 km. Very nice car. Very comfortable and quiet. Each gear is working great. 

Each painted metal element has 90-100um layer.

• Like 1

OK. Looks like I bought it. Today I'll sign an order. We'll see what will happen in the future.

Yesterday I have been given all history from Ford service. The most important things are: 201000 km - timing belt with water pump changed and front crankshaft seal. The second important thing is by 280000 km - complete clutch with double mass wheel. The rest are brake discs, pads, oils, filters, etc. All in Longlife service schedule.

• Like 2

Enjoy your new car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I hope it will work fine and if something will go wrong I can ask you for help.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi Jonro2009, would you mind running a VIN check for me? I'm in Switzerland and all the VIN decoders come up invalid, I think because they expect a US/Canada checksum digit. Thanks in advance.

WF0SXXGBWS6A61560

• 1 year later...

Motokierownik, could you tell me how is it going with your car after a year? Thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club