Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ramair replacement filter on ST

btmaldon

Hi all. I haven't been on here for ages, so its good to see you are all still very active.

I recently bought one of these foam replacement filters recently just to give it a try. Thing is these Ramair filters come with a hole at the end and a rubber grommit. What is the point of the hole, as any contaminants in the engine bay will get sucked straight into the intake?

s-l1600.jpg

The hole should not be straight through. I think the bung is for extra air and noise purpose. 

The hole is straight through though. The other end goes into the intake. Seems strange to me. You will get extra noise but there's nothing stopping particles going straight down the intake.

My K&N equivalent has the removable bung too but the hole doesn't go all the way through, it is just to amplify the induction noise. I always have my bung removed, sounds loads better.

The hole doesn't go all the way through...if it does, yours is faulty.  Should have an inverted cone under that hole.

I purchased one and it didn't go straight though, it had an internal cone of foam. I got rid of it as it whistled which drove me nuts. 

• Haha 1

Thanks guys. Just had a look and it does have an inverted cone inside. Put it down to having a senior moment, as I was sure it went right through. Anyway. I have left the bung off for now to see what its like.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club