Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Talk me out of a remap

sioneon

I have the money available for a remap, the Revo looks good, very good.

I have the 140ps ecoboost and no sign of any gearbox issues despite my wife also driving it (not sexist, just a comment on her driving style).

Tell me why I shouldn't do it and why it's silly 

It's a waste of money.  No-one needs to go over 70mph anyway.  I'm sure you have bills to pay or household objects to replace instead. :rolleyes: 

Seriously, if you want to do it, can afford it, and can insure it...then it's really your choice.  Reliability may be compromised a bit in the long run, but other than that and the cost, there aren't any downsides.

I took my 125 to 150odd, apparently, using bluefin. 

It made a huge difference, I love it! Now very similar to a friend's 1.4 act polo!

I started with a Bluefin re map on my 123Bhp Fiesta and it was great as it gave the car some much needed low down grunt along with a little bit extra up top was running that map up to last week with 44,000 miles then went to a Puma Speed 205 map which really makes the 1.0l 3 pot rapid cant say how long it will last as its making a lot of power for its size but I'll enjoy it upto the point is lets go. One thing to remember with all turning is that you are on your own should you have any issues although to be fair if you stick to one of the main brands and 150 Bhp you will most likley will not have any issues. 

2 hours ago, Eatonm112 said:

I started with a Bluefin re map on my 123Bhp Fiesta and it was great as it gave the car some much needed low down grunt along with a little bit extra up top was running that map up to last week with 44,000 miles then went to a Puma Speed 205 map which really makes the 1.0l 3 pot rapid cant say how long it will last as its making a lot of power for its size but I'll enjoy it upto the point is lets go. One thing to remember with all turning is that you are on your own should you have any issues although to be fair if you stick to one of the main brands and 150 Bhp you will most likley will not have any issues. 

At 205 I cannot imagine it will last long. How many miles did you do on the Bluefin?

Remapping is on my list to do eventually. From my research I’m looking at Revo, Collins Performance and Motorsport Development. I’m only in the 100ps model though so looking to go 125 - 150 ish.

Hi Michlaustn

I did 44,000 with the bluefin with no issues at all my gearbox is still good in 1st and 2nd, I have also towed with the re map the extra torque is handy.

If and when it gives up I have a new ST lump and modules saved in my garage but I may just get another engine from a breakers and change the rods and pistons and go again. The great thing with the 3 pot is the Mpg round town and on a run its just a great lump.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club