Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Courtesy Cars!

sarahlegs

Brought my car in to the dealer today as was having a few problems (Fuel flap refitted as someone broke it off, & Door re-aligned for the 3rd time!) and asked for a courtesy car, as i was told they'd be spending the day on it.

The car i was supposed to be having hadn't come back so i was issued with another on, ZETEC style, however there is less than 10miles left of fuel in the tank..excuse me if i'm a being stupid here but i'd of thought they might have had a little bit more in the tank for me? when i queried it i was just told to put enough fuel in for what i needed. I asked them that would they putting fuel in my car if i had left it empty and had to take it for a test run? Maybe its just me or beacuse any other car i've had, i've always had fuel in it. But it really ticked me off!! LOl

Also no water or windscreen wash....so i pop some in beacuse i can barely see out of the window....guess what...nothing comes out!! the pedals squeak. like i have a bird in the car, and compared to the 1.6 i have its like driving a bag of nails!!

anyone had problems or just crappy cars? or am i just being way too particular or just had it too good in the past?

:(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KeithC

• AndrewL

• Michael P

• thesilverfox

Last time i took mine in i got given a peugeot :lol: so count yourself lucky

They also didnt put any fuel in it. bearly enough to even get me home.

my last one was a kia piccanto with 6miles on the clock, it still had plastic on the seats! im 6ft4 and i had to drive it lying back as there was no seat or steering adjustments!

Ok so i think i'm just being picky then...i'm lucky to have a half decent ford couresty car then!

Thanks guys

Give them it back with the same fuel in it you got it with, just go on a long pointless drive to run the fuel down :lol:

i think next time i will go back and push it into the garage just to make a point that i don't have to leave it with anything in :lol:

LOL i did think that! I did however get some fuel incase i did run out...but it seems to have spilt on the carpet. woops!!

Last time I had need of a courtesy car I was given a new Ka, there was that little fuel in it that the predicted range on the display came up as ******* and the gauge was against the stop. Stuck £5 of fuel in and still no difference!!! Needless to say it went back in the same condition.

When i took my Mk ZS in they gave my a 59 Plate Ka Zetec, terrible state inside, 1.2 engine so absolutely crap, no windscreen washer, and the fuel light came on when i was on my way to work so getting home was abit hit and miss, only 10miles to work! When i pulled back in the stealership the car was on empty and i could swear was chugging abit...... absolutely terrible!

I'm actually quite a fan of courtesy cars. When my last car broke down I had plenty of fun practising J-turns and handbrake turns in a brand new Fiesta! :D

well i made it back to the dealers with out having to fill up, everthing was sorted with my car. And i had a more than comfortable journey home in the frozen beast!!!YEAH!! :D

thought they might have washed it for me though. guess i can't have it all though. ;)

Courtesy cars are thrash dolls even the staff at the dealer's treat them like the dirt of there shoes ive only ever known one good one that my dad had when he took his vectra back in for crash repairs (got ran into) it was an identical vectra v6 sri but black how he got that i dont know then again it was a company car..

Mike

My local Ford dealer only use new shape Kas as courtesy cars. So if you come in to get your fancy Mondeo Titanium X or whatever fixed, you get shoved in a Ka. :lol: Oh and the entire dealer only has like 6 courtesy cars. So very few customers get one.

well i made it back to the dealers with out having to fill up, everthing was sorted with my car. And i had a more than comfortable journey home in the frozen beast!!!YEAH!! :D

thought they might have washed it for me though. guess i can't have it all though. ;)

I would say you escaped well avoiding the "wash" :lol:

I would say you escaped well avoiding the "wash" :lol:

i guess your right, no one seems to clean your car better than yourself. But i'm sure i'd have a few looks if i start washing it in the rain. It desperatly needs some TLC. :(

I've got a Focus LX as a courtesy car at the moment, not a bad car great to drive - guess what - yes it had a thimble full of fuel when I collected it I can only assume they syphoned the fuel out before lending it to me - should I do the same :lol:

I've got a Focus LX as a courtesy car at the moment, not a bad car great to drive - guess what - yes it had a thimble full of fuel when I collected it I can only assume they syphoned the fuel out before lending it to me - should I do the same :lol:

Hell yes!!! :D

Ofcourse you should!

My part-ex literally had '0 miles to empty' when it splutted onto the forecourt... they'd do the same to you. Actually, hold on, they did the same to you!

When I took my MK7 (R.I.P) into my local Ford dealer last time for a service the Mazda 2 I was due was still out so I got a 2.0 tdci Focus titanium.

It was VERY nice B)

Ofcourse you should!

My part-ex literally had '0 miles to empty' when it splutted onto the forecourt... they'd do the same to you. Actually, hold on, they did the same to you!

Agree, after my MK7 (R.I.P) went in for a wining noise at low speeds, they test drove it to try and find the fault (and failed) they gave it back to me with 0.6 miles to empty.

Thanks Ford :huh:

Last dealership i worked in had a policy of not giving the same spec of loan car as the customer's own, due to the difference's in spec. Sort of to stop people saying way has that car got a better radio or wheel's than mine or something better trim wise, for example you drove a Fiesta you got a Ka, drove a Mondeo you got a Focus. Loan car's were also insuranced under your own insurance and fuel was your own, all was explained at time of booking was up to the customer wether they took the car or not

For all the people that treat courtesy cars with disdain, how would you feel if one of the dealers employees treated your car the same?

For all the people that treat courtesy cars with disdain, how would you feel if one of the dealers employees treated your car the same?

Tbf it would not surprise me one bit if they did.

I got my car back with a nice receipt from someones lunch break!

Tbf it would not surprise me one bit if they did.

I got my car back with a nice receipt from someones lunch break!

Slightly different to doing handbrake turns and ragging the !Removed! out of it, but, as I can imagine, you wasn't too impressed.

Ford did with my ST170 (went in for a minor fix to the catalytic converter bracket and came back with another 20 miles on the clock and very warm ... ), and my old boss caught Mercedes out when they let a member of staff take the car home and she caught them on her mobile phone and showed it to the somewhat sheepish boss.

Suffice to say, the £700 service was suddenly free ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club