Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Key Fob Battery

Wilson777

Hi,

Am I ok to just change the battery in my focus key fob (2015) or should I be taking it to get changed at a dealership? I don't know if it needs any sort of programming following a battery replacement?

Thanks

Great, thanks.

Do you know which battery it takes? I know it is the circular one but don't want to pick up one that is too small/large then open the key up.

Thanks

poundland do a pack of 8 x silver coin style batteries which includes 4 of CR2032.  How long they last for though I wouldn't like to say. Multi packs also very cheap on eBay but again battery life might be poor (don't foget if you buy top  brand ones on eBay they might be fake and last a short time)

Thanks all,

There was an automotive parts shop in the industrial estate where I work, I got 2 batteries for £4. Switched one of the batteries over and all seems OK at the moment.

I will look to pick up some quality branded ones to keep in the car in case these ones do not last.

Cheers

Poundland one has been in my keyfob for a little over a year and seem ok. 

• 8 months later...

I've replaced my key fob battery twice in the last month and now  2 weeks later the car is saying battery low again. I'm using Duracell CR2032 batteries. Any ideas whats going wrong? 

2 hours ago, Paul99 said:

I've replaced my key fob battery twice in the last month and now  2 weeks later the car is saying battery low again. I'm using Duracell CR2032 batteries. Any ideas whats going wrong? 

Check the stock date of the battery you use - LOADS of stores/suppliers are selling very old stock and these large button cells seem to crap out quicker than many others when they age

If you have a multi meter, check the voltage of the battery, a fresh one should easily pump out 3.1V. I you don't have one, buy one cheap on eBay, they are a darn useful bit of kit LOL

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club