Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta digital display gone blank

oldboy22

Fiesta 2007 1.25  My daughters lost the digital display in the centre of the speedo cluster that shows mileage etc Its just gone blank with just the back light ,All other functions on the speedo appear to be working Any help thanks

Found that the radio display is blank as well but gets audio

thanks

Might be wrong, but I'd have said it's just a coincidence that both have stopped working. Usually it's the screens themselves that fail though.

Have you plugged into diagnostics such as Forscan? Should give you error codes. Will need to see whether it has completely lost connection with the instrument panel cluster module or there's an error with it.

The other screen, try pulling the fuses for it, waiting 5 mins and putting the fuse back. This should reset the Sync system.

Well today the  speedo cluster screen came back on  , dont get that    We now have the radio screen .If i pull a fuse to check it will i need to go through installing code ,because i would struggle a bit there  if it still comes up blank and then no audio   How do i get over that   without suffering the wrath  of a woman        

Yes you will need the radio code if it gets disconnected.

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem today in my 2007 Ford Fiesta. It stopped working but when I turned my radio on off with the car off the screen came back showing the milage which it does when I unlockvthe car. What could be the problem don't think it's the fuse 

2 hours ago, Michael Balderstone said:

What could be the problem don't think it's the fuse 

Why don't you think its the fuse?

• 7 months later...

Did anyone ever figure out what the issue was as I've recently bought one and can't figure out what's wrong other than to send the clock off to be repaired? 

send the clock off to be repaired? 

Its a common problem caused by the 'lead free' solder that was used at the time the instrument clusters were manufactured. If you search eBay you will find lots of companies offering a repair/refurbishment of your IC. Expect to pay between £50 - £70.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club