Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3

nashdm2

Hi guys,

Can someone please tell me, if there's a specific version of the f8 map for the Sync 3 v3,3 18201? Appreciate if someone can share the file number for the Map, licence and voice pack.

Thanks

Hi, there aren’t any versioned variations of the F8 update, F8 is the version of the map package. 

You should be able to download all the relevant files for this update from Ford by entering your VIN number on their site: 

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Thanks for answering DG97,

I have tried several times, and this is the result, despite the map version beeing F7...

Sync update.jpg

Do you have a picture available of your build numbers/map versions from your car? 

I notice that your location is Other/NonUK, where abouts are you located? It may be that the F8 maps may not yet be available in your country as a wild guess too. 

15 hours ago, Metalzone said:

Thanks for answering DG97,

I have tried several times, and this is the result, despite the map version beeing F7...

Sync update.jpg

This is what I get every time I check for an update and it had been like this for the past 4 days 😓

Screenshot_20190202-134035.png

I had the same coming up about 2 weeks ago when I checked but when I wanted to download the F8 maps, they were available and the error went away without me doing anything, it may just be a matter of giving it a bit of time for it to disappear. 

3 hours ago, DG97 said:

Do you have a picture available of your build numbers/map versions from your car? 

I notice that your location is Other/NonUK, where abouts are you located? It may be that the F8 maps may not yet be available in your country as a wild guess too. 

I get the same result in all Ford sites, including Portugal. 

I'll take a picture later of the files installed. 

In my 2017 Focus I have updated the Sync unit, I believe it is build number 18025 and the map version EU 4 15

now the problem is I have updated the Sync3 unit and uploaded the .xml log file but when I search for updates again for the mapping it says I need to update sync first before the map update will be available. A call to Ford CS May be required in the morning I think. 

Also, out of interest how out of date is the current map database that I have? I was expecting to see F7 or F6, I don’t even know what my current version relates to.

@Jonro2009 If you have uploaded the XML file to the ford server correctly, then you will have to wait a few hours, maybe even a day before you check again to see if there are any further updates, as it takes Fords servers a while to log the information.  If it still doesnt work then try and connect your Sync3 unit up to your home wifi and check for system updates, this then also lets Ford servers know what version you have in your car, although once again it takes a while for the Ford server to register this, so wait another day before checking the Ford Sync website update.

As for your map version, im not entirely sure, but I would guess your map is 2015?

• Like 1

Thanks Arthur, I’m just being impatient but it’s good to know that if it doesn’t show then I can try the WiFi trick! Top bloke, thanks

Anybody know if the safety cameras have an individual update path or via each map update please?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, jamkart said:

This is what I get every time I check for an update and it had been like this for the past 4 days 😓

Screenshot_20190202-134035.png

Since my last post dated 02/02/19, I am still unable to sign in to download the Sync 3 updates using the MY2018 ST3 VIN, which sill responds saying "Please try again later".  Anybody else had this problem trying to update Sync 3 or maps, and is there any solution to resolving?

Edited by jamkart
typo error

I checked mine this morning And it has finally registered!

The download begins3f9095859dddcfe6040398fabca03752.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 7:16 PM, nashdm2 said:

Still a bit confused with the database for the safety speed cameras. Is there any way of updating this on its own or does it defo update with the maps update please?

Dave

Your earlier post stated you expect to take delivery of your new Fiesta in March - rest assured it will have the latest (F8) mapping that also includes speed camera location, it now gives an audible 'caution' about 400 yards before (in your direction of travel) the static camera - the satnav update now also accepts Latitude-Longitude coordinates, and I can defo confirm they work!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Chris, much appreciated. The car has been built and it is currently making its way down the Rhine on a huge Barge to Vlissingen.