Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Issue

CobraGT

Hi, has anyone come across any starting issues on their Edge. 

My Edge has started to shudder uncomfortably for about for 5 seconds on start up and then runs absolutely fine. Anyone else come across this? Only happens on cold start up. 

Has it been cold in Essex ?  I can only imagine the oil is thickened due to cold and there is excessive engine vibration as a result. Mine was a bit rough  on start up the other day but only for a few seconds.  It was minus 4. Never happened before or since. 

That just sounds like a normal diesel start in cold weather. Hard to tell without a video of it. Didn't start mine for 4 days last week and the first start was in -2°c and it was really rough for a couple seconds at start

I have a similia sound from my Edge when the car is cold or left for an extended period. Could be cold diesel start along with the valve lifter needing time to get oil to them. Hope it will not cause an issue later in time as the main dealer does not think it important as can’t reproduce the symptoms when in with them (car is still warm)

Thanks for the replies, appreciate that. Done almost 25k and never used to do it before but it has been cold recently in a Essex. Although the oil was changed mid last year, I’m going to try a fresh oil change this coming wkend, just to see if it makes any difference (but not Ford oil, possibly Comma or Petronas, they were my preferred when I had my Merc). I’ll update once I’ve done .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club