Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch kits

sonic113

I have a sound from the car when idling that sounds like a bird in the engine lol! Long story short it's been traced to the gearbox area and when I very very lightly push in the clutch pedal it's goes away and comes back, I have to pump the clutch a few times to make stop but it's getting worse now and is becoming constant so I think I may need to replace the clutch. Car drives 100% no slipping or anything.

So I ordered from europarts a few bits for another car as they had a sale on so I got a clutch kit for the focus. They only had one type advertised so I picked it up anyways.

Thought I got a good deal until I read some online stories about the make of clutch. Some are good some are bad so now not sure what to do, use it or replace it with another make ......

The one I got is Tansmech 637592511. See attached image of the actual box. Has anyone had any good experience with these clutches the IMAG1608.thumb.jpg.91d555d5267ad0c3ba4ab34eb1e7c8fc.jpgstuff I was reading was from 2011/2012 so I would of presumed that europarts would of stoped selling them if they where total cr**p. 

Let me know what you fellas think. It's not the end of the world of I have to change it as I won't be doing the clutch for a few weeks anyways..

Thanks

I've not read the post yet but I can see a transmech kit! 😒 Take that junk back, seriously that stuff is brutal. I'm not a fan of customer supplied parts, but no way would I fit a transmech I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stef123 said:

I've not read the post yet but I can see a transmech kit! 😒 Take that junk back, seriously that stuff is brutal. I'm not a fan of customer supplied parts, but no way would I fit a transmech I'm afraid. 

Think I will just take it back. Any links for a genuine clutch kit or a good alternative.

Thanks 

The last Focus I replaced a clutch on was last year, I'm sure that was an LUK 3 piece kit. Supplied by my local factors for just over £100.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stef123 said:

The last Focus I replaced a clutch on was last year, I'm sure that was an LUK 3 piece kit. Supplied by my local factors for just over £100.

Good price, my local factors are charging £200+vat for a comline ,they said that's the cheapest they can do others they can get but are more pricey, I think I will see what ford price for a genuine one. Thought europarts would of been ok for decent clutch kit.

16 minutes ago, sonic113 said:

Good price, my local factors are charging £200+vat for a comline ,they said that's the cheapest they can do others they can get but are more pricey, I think I will see what ford price for a genuine one. Thought europarts would of been ok for decent clutch kit.

How much?!

how much are euro crap parts charging? 

Europarts at time where looking £86 but in sale it came down to £64. 

Looking tonight there euro parts have a few other options now which they didn't at time I bought. Will have to look about and see I need one with the whole kit by just the pressure plate and clutch as most seem to be.

2 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Mines tweets too but still works fine. Seen this dunno if it's any good.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392076360954

Yeah mine drives 100% but the tweets get annoying especially on cold mornings untill you use it a little or if you stop at traffic lights ect it's annoying,

That clutch looks good but it doesn't have the release bearing/slave cylinder with it, I think when changing clutch your better doing all 3, clutch, pressure plate and the release bearing/slave cylinder.

I'm still on the look out.

• Like 3

Other local factors have quoted be £120 all in for a comline kit? he says these are decent and a lot better than tranmech.

anyone any experience with comline ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club