Do Not Sell My Personal Information

recommend me a Car battery

shiwarrior

I have a Ford Focus 2009  (facelift) 1.8 petrol

Can you recommend me a decent battery that has at least a 4 year guarantee and with a high power and a High CCOA ?

many Thanks

3 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

Can you recommend me a decent battery that has at least a 4 year guarantee and with a high power and a High CCOA

My Bosch S5 has now done over 7 years, no sign of any problems at all. The car often sits for up to 5 days between starts, so it will have been stressed more than the battery in a frequently used car. It came via eBay, and was a quite reasonable price at the time.

Sorry to hijack your thread, I'm thinking of putting a 72ah battery in my 1.8 petrol, it's currently got a Bosch S4 60ah in it, would the alternator be put under stress trying to charge a bigger capacity battery, the alternator is a 120amp I think.

Also would a 026 type battery fit under the cover, it's 190mm high instead of the standard 175mm. Cheers guys

No, higher Ah mean alternator or battery charger going to take longer to fully charge your battery. How long depend on the battery  state of charge (or discharge).

No, you would not be able to fit the holding bracket, therefore use 175 mm high.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ned_Mk2_1.8tdci said:

No, higher Ah mean alternator or battery charger going to take longer to fully charge your battery. How long depend on the battery  state of charge (or discharge).

No, you would not be able to fit the holding bracket, therefore use 175 mm high.

regarding Ah, but once fully charged is a higher Ah better than a lower rated one?

It's better to fit a battery with higher Ah. Tis means higher CCA. Since your car is 10y-old consider that starter contacts and brushes as well as alternator brushes are worn and have slightly higher contact resistance, hence you need more CCA to start. Another factor is your daily commuting, if your trips are short higher Ah battery won't be recharged fully. Regardless of if's and but's it is good practice to charge car battery externally at least twice a year. 

So just measure your car battery box and find the battery that fits (if I'm not wrong this should be L=315mm, W=175mm, H=175 mm).

14 minutes ago, Ned_Mk2_1.8tdci said:

It's better to fit a battery with higher Ah. This means higher CCA

The two properties are not necessarily related. It all depends on the construction. For example leisure batteries can have high capacity but are designed to tolerate deep discharge, not to provide very high cranking Amps.

Yeah, but I'm bit perplexed on what this thread is about. Car batteries? Or leisure batteries? Yes,leisure batteries are of a different construction and chemistry, so they can tolerate deeper discharges but are sensitive to overcharging. Unlike car batteries of Ca-Ca or silver - Ca.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club