Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clunk on accelerating and driveshaft noise?

n_hudson

At my wits end with this car... first Ford, will be the last I think.

On accelerating, at any speed, there is a single clunk each time that I can feel in the steering and pedal.  From the the youtube video, you can hear it quite clearly. 

There is a bit of lateral movement in the drivers side driveshaft, but the garage I've dropped the car off at are not 100% sure its a driveshaft issue, but is the first place to start. 

I didn't have ANY issues with the car until FORD replaced my clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder... since then it's just started falling apart. 

Any ideas? 

I had the driveshaft replace and its like a new car. Gear changes are fantastic, previously a clunk from 1st to 2nd, and the car feels a lot tighter.

Although, now I think I have a bit of disc runout as the drivers side disc seems to be dragging in one spot. Any ideas how I can get that sorted, I just had new discs and pads fitted! lol

Did you notice this before the driveshaft was changed? It's most likely the fitter didn't make sure the mating faces of the disc and hub were perfectly clean. To do a disc replacement properly the runout should be checked against the specs using a dial test indicator but I doubt many fitters are prepared to take the time to do it.

I would have the disc taken off and the mating faces cleaned again.

I've taken the discs off and used a wire brush \ low speed drill attachment and cleaned them up, although to be honest the were very clean already. There seems to be the slightest of rubbing still. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club