Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Getting The Dinitrol Treatment

Jcoventry

Unfortunately not in English, but the video explains itself. Obviously its already galvanised metal but cavity wax and a good undereal wax like Dinitrol does no harm at all and can only make the car last longer. I've read of cars that are 20-25 years old which were rustproofed after 3-4 years of age, and they still haven't rusted!

Still amazing that Ford doesn't inject hot cavity wax into the sills, etc. Audi, BMW and Mercedes do! Not sure about Japanese makes.

thats crazy amount of work!

Not really, a professional can do it in a day - about 8 hours work including preparation. Please tell me how a wash, wax and polish protects your car from rusting from the inside outwards, like all Fords do.

Just joking buddy :lol: , would be interesting to know the cost though

About £270-300. The guy I'm going to use is Joe at JR Classics in Doncaster who does this. Going to get my Ka done soon! Especially important on the old Ka as its known as a rustbucket and isn't galvanised. But I'm still not convinced Ford is away from their reputation for making cars that rust quicker than anything else. It makes me suspicious that they still have to use clear plastic film protective strips to prevent rust around the doors on the Mk7 Fiesta.

Unfortunately not in English, but the video explains itself. Obviously its already galvanised metal but cavity wax and a good undereal wax like Dinitrol does no harm at all and can only make the car last longer. I've read of cars that are 20-25 years old which were rustproofed after 3-4 years of age, and they still haven't rusted!

Still amazing that Ford doesn't inject hot cavity wax into the sills, etc. Audi, BMW and Mercedes do! Not sure about Japanese makes.

I had this treatment to my new Mk 7 Fiesta.

Having looked under my new Fiesta before it was treated it was apparent that the sills had been wax injected (wax was oozing out of the flanged seam at the bottom & when I removed one of the sill plugs it was caked in wax) but there was also some metal under the car & just "in primer" particularly the front subframe area.

I had a Dinitrol rustproofing treatment on the car when new - carried out to a good standard by the Rochdale Rustproofing Company (who are based in Oldham!) tel 01706 845 478, they were very professional. Quite a way from my home in Sheffield but Dinitrol (aka Tuff-Kote Dinol) advised me that they were the nearest authorised service provider. They had the car overnight (a courtesy car was provided), my Fiesta was returned spotlessly clean & the bill was £339.25. Well worth doing but only if, like me, you keep your cars for a fair few years.

Pity that the company in Sheffield which treated my previous cars no longer does this work. In 1993 I had a Dinitrol treatment on my (then) new Corsa which I still often see on the road. It's now 17 years old & although looking a bit battered and not looked after has absolutely no rust and I know that it hasn't been patched up because I can tell that it still has the original paint!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club