Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater fan only works on 4

Jase69

Hi there,

can anyone suggest why my heater fan only works on No.4? I've had a look but can't see anything obvious.

many thanks.

Jase. (Fusion 2 53 Plate)

Heater blower resistor. Common fault really on older cars really.

• Like 1

yes it will be your  heater resistor not to hard to replace try YouTube or google                              

Thanks guys. I'll have a look. I was hoping it might be a cheap n cheerful fix.

On my Mk1 focus this blew twice in a short period of time. The resistors didn't blow but the thermal fuse which is part of the resistor pack blew both time. Both times I soldered a new thermal fuse onto it (you can but them separately on eBay - they are used on various other things like hair straighteners).

After the 2nd blow I investigated it further and found the cause was stiff bearings in the heater fan which was overloading the resistor pack, causing the resistor to get hot and blow the thermal fuse. Cleaned up and oiled (lightly) the motor bearings and all was fine after that.

So simply replacing the resistor pack might work but it might be short lived if there is something else causing it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club