Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps update

gillyallan

Checked my vin again today and saying there's another new map update. Must only have appeared over last few days as always said I was up to date.
Anyone downloaded and installed this one?
I'm gonna try get it and see if I can read version number off the file. It'll take me a long time to download the file which is why I thought I'd ask

The latest map version is F8 and was released mid week last week.

lots of people downloading and installing it with no issues, I plan to do it at the weekend. Takes around 2 hours to install onto the Sync3 unit and the 2nd part of the install looks like it isn’t actually working but persevere and eventually it will say ‘completed’.

the ford site says the unit will save a log file on to the flash drive and that’s you should upload it to Ford to confirm you are up to date, it doesn’t create one a d it’s not supposed to. The site is incorrect, the log file is only created when you upgrade the Sync software.

• Like 1

Nice one. That's a lot quicker it's come out for sync 3. F7 was around Aug 18. I wasn't hopeful of another til same time this year.

Got this downloaded, extracted and ready to roll now. I'll do it Friday. Dying to see if the major road changes are finally in it around me. Was disappointed they weren't in the F7 maps.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to update maps on Sync 2, the sat nav does seem to recognise most of the streets in my city (Leeds)

11 minutes ago, Sohrab Focus 1.0 100 bhp said:

Does anyone know how to update maps on Sync 2, the sat nav does seem to recognise most of the streets in my city (Leeds)

Pay £80 (aprox) for a new card from Ford or a little less from eBay.

sync2 does not have a HDD, all the maps are on memory cards. The fakes can be horrendous

Pay £80 to buy direct from ford? Can you possibly send me a link from eBay?

Thanks jonro

There are lots of sellers on eBay - I'd be surprised if any of them are genuine.

I got mine from a seller called "bikeaccessories84", who doesn't seem to have any Ford cards at present.

As above, the eBay cards are not genuine ones and it’s a case of paying your money and taking your chances. 

I don’t know any reliable sellers so I wouldn’t like to recommend anyone in case the card is a dud and you lose out. 

If you do a search for F8 maps then look at sellers feedback then it should help.

just a thought but ashe F8 maps have only just been released last week there is a chance that dealers may have surplus F7 cards that they will sell off cheap 🤷‍♂️ Worth a try.

Will have to check up on this, appreciate the help guys!!

1st part installed on road to shops. Think that was 40 mins. Do 2nd part driving home.

Worked flawlessly for me. 1st part 40 mins. 2nd part 30 mins. Has finally got major road changes near me on it.

Presume my car has told the update site via WiFi that my maps are updated as now saying I'm up to date.

23 hours ago, gillyallan said:

Worked flawlessly for me. 1st part 40 mins. 2nd part 30 mins. Has finally got major road changes near me on it.

Lucky you, new bit of bypass round Perth not on it, wonder if the Qeensferry crossing has been updated, it was very hard to turn left halfway accross😂

Lol. Mine was the new parts of M8 and the underpass at m74(Hamilton) _ raith interchange. All seem to be there now instead of it looking like I was flying

4 hours ago, gillyallan said:

Lol. Mine was the new parts of M8 and the underpass at m74(Hamilton) _ raith interchange. All seem to be there now instead of it looking like I was flying

Well there hope then id forgotten about those bits, dont go that way very often using the sat nav

On 1/28/2019 at 11:13 PM, Jonro2009 said:

The latest map version is F8 and was released mid week last week.

lots of people downloading and installing it with no issues, I plan to do it at the weekend. Takes around 2 hours to install onto the Sync3 unit and the 2nd part of the install looks like it isn’t actually working but persevere and eventually it will say ‘completed’.

the ford site says the unit will save a log file on to the flash drive and that’s you should upload it to Ford to confirm you are up to date, it doesn’t create one a d it’s not supposed to. The site is incorrect, the log file is only created when you upgrade the Sync software.

Can anyone give me the idiots guide on how to do this please, as a 69 year old codger, I don't have a clue where to start, thanks in advance.

Thank you for you reply, greatly appreciated.  

2 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

All the instructions are detailed here https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/ once you've downloaded any update. You will need a 32GB(or larger) Usb memory stick.

Thanks for that there is no way I would have done it without your link.

Finally got Ford to accept my xml file and allow my map update download to run.
Just have to find the time to apply the update now [emoji2955]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Finally got Ford to accept my xml file and allow my map update download to run.
Just have to find the time to apply the update now emoji2955.png

How did you do that? Mine still hasn’t been accepted.

How did you do that? Mine still hasn’t been accepted.

Persistence and patience.

I just kept going back daily until the file took properly.

About five times the file was accepted and the Sync update comfirmation would come up only to dump me to another page with no file links.

Last night it finally worked properly and took about 2 hours to download the nav update.

Took another hour or so to unpack to my memory stick.

Ford reckon that the update files are vin specific but I can't see how or where tbh.

I thought of sharing the files via Dropbox but would probably take forever to upload / download.

22 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Persistence and patience.

I just kept going back daily until the file took properly.

About five times the file was accepted and the Sync update comfirmation would come up only to dump me to another page with no file links.

Last night it finally worked properly and took about 2 hours to download the nav update.

Took another hour or so to unpack to my memory stick.

Ford reckon that the update files are vin specific but I can't see how or where tbh.

I thought of sharing the files via Dropbox but would probably take forever to upload / download.

That’s what happens to me, it says the file has been accepted but when you scan again for an update it just says that 2.8G upgrade needs to be installed first.

That’s what happens to me, it says the file has been accepted but when you scan again for an update it just says that 2.8G upgrade needs to be installed first.
Exactly that.
I'm currently uploading my nav files to Dropbox and will see how it all goes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club