Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC 3 update?

Joel Bavidge

On 1/29/2019 at 4:26 PM, G_O_L_D said:

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

So many Sync 3 threads running on here now it's hard to decide where to post! Anyway, my car is on maps version 6.1, I've seen folk on here upgrading to version 7 or more recently version 8, but where does EU 4 15 (as shown above) fit in chronologically?

Just as an aside, I have left Wi-Fi update enabled on my car just to see if anything happens (I know it's not operating in UK!). I have never had any annoying messages come up saying it needs an update as others have done, and the check for updates operates automatically without problems on a regular basis, likewise if I do it manually, but obviously never finds anything.

EU 4 15 I believe is the last quarter of 2015... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

EU 4 15 I believe is the last quarter of 2015... 

Ah, so it precedes F6/7/8 - thanks!😀

On 2/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, Jonro2009 said:

What time of day did the server accept your .xml file and present you with the option to download the F8 map? 

once you get the .xml file accepted do you get presented with the map update download or a confirmation box or do you have to start again and do another VIN search?

its only updated the Version of software, not the mapping yet and must have been about 21:00 Hrs it accepted my file 

On 2/7/2019 at 8:59 PM, G_O_L_D said:

FINALLY! Even managed to upload the log file to. Happy Bunny..... all up to date.

Was purely down to the server on the website being overloaded with requests, the guy in the Ford dealership in Westbury actually sounded like he knew what he was on about for a change lol.  well got a USB Stick now that I'll not need for a while. might stick some music on it lol.

ALL in, it took me about 20 mins start to finish.

53 minutes ago, G_O_L_D said:

its only updated the Version of software, not the mapping yet and must have been about 21:00 Hrs it accepted my file 

So when you uploaded the .xml file to the server and it said ‘you have notified Ford’ or whatever it says, have you then done another VIN search to see if the F8 maps are available for download or does it say that the only update available is 2.7G? My file is accepted each time but when I try a VIN search to update the map it says that I must update my software first - which I’ve already done ☹️

@Jonro2009 I think some members have been having that issue for a couple of weeks, then it suddenly accepts.  

On 2/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, Jonro2009 said:

So when you uploaded the .xml file to the server and it said ‘you have notified Ford’ or whatever it says, have you then done another VIN search to see if the F8 maps are available for download or does it say that the only update available is 2.7G? My file is accepted each time but when I try a VIN search to update the map it says that I must update my software first - which I’ve already done ☹️

the same thing happened to me, uploaded file, then recheck VIN then it says you still require an update, very strange as what you said We just did, I have no idea now if I require a further update just for the maps. and whats this F8 business? my maps are still saying EU 4 15 !! 

1 hour ago, G_O_L_D said:

the same thing happened to me, uploaded file, then recheck VIN then it says you still require an update, very strange as what you said We just did, I have no idea now if I require a further update just for the maps. and whats this F8 business? my maps are still saying EU 4 15 !! 

I checked back today after a week of not going on the site at all, entered my VIN and boom! the file has been recognised. 

I didn't upload again today, the last time I uploaded it was last week. If you have uploaded the file and you got the screen saying it had been uploaded then just keep checking back.

Screenshot_20190215-095356_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, G_O_L_D said:

You will need  map update, I was running that until I updated to F7... i'm now F8.

EU 4 15 is the last quarter of 2015... so very out of date mapping.

as said above it may take a week or so for ford's system to sort itself out.

I Myself used a friends VIN number who was already successful in the system update, as I had done the sync update already, I then updated maps straight after.  

• Like 2

Some people saying the maps update doesn't generate a log file... myself included... It would appear ford have corrected this issue... I've had a look today and downloaded the maps for my car again, and the log creation file now appears in the SyncMyRide folder... Whereas it didn't when I originally downloaded it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, TDCiST said:

You will need  map update, I was running that until I updated to F7... i'm now F8.

EU 4 15 is the last quarter of 2015... so very out of date mapping.

as said above it may take a week or so for ford's system to sort itself out.

I Myself used a friends VIN number who was already successful in the system update, as I had done the sync update already, I then updated maps straight after.  

Yep, still saying EU 4 15 ! not bad considering the car is 2017 model lol and Ford website is still saying I require an update of software! which I've already done. Oh to be on the F8 mapping....... I will still have to find out what to do next!

no wait ......... after reloading the XML file it now says I've a map update .........watch this space lol

Hi,

I've spent the last day trying to get a clean download of the update from the Ford website. It appears to complete  OK but when I try to extract the files to the USB stick, the downloaded file is apparently corrupt, causing error messages from the extraction software.

I've repeated the download (1.3GB) at least 6 times using 2 different internet browsers (Edge & Chrome). The downloaded zip  file is always identical. 

I tried at least 4 unzip programs. 7Zip processes some of the downloaded file but reports errors and the there is no  autoinstall.lst file contained. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this site, so if I've posted in the wrong thread, I apologise.

John

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, John Greybeard said:

Hi,

I've spent the last day trying to get a clean download of the update from the Ford website. It appears to complete  OK but when I try to extract the files to the USB stick, the downloaded file is apparently corrupt, causing error messages from the extraction software.

I've repeated the download (1.3GB) at least 6 times using 2 different internet browsers (Edge & Chrome). The downloaded zip  file is always identical. 

I tried at least 4 unzip programs. 7Zip processes some of the downloaded file but reports errors and the there is no  autoinstall.lst file contained. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this site, so if I've posted in the wrong thread, I apologise.

John

John, what system are you using? iOS or window? also what extraction program are u using 

On 2/26/2019 at 9:31 AM, G_O_L_D said:

no wait ......... after reloading the XML file it now says I've a map update .........watch this space lol

ok after 2 hours of download and upzipping of file.....seems so far so good

I have on my 64Gb USB:

SyncMyRide (folder)

autoinstall.lst (file)

DONTINDX.MSA (file)

Once the misses has finished with the car I will attempt the update in the car, let's see what update mapping version I got from EU 15!

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 1:19 PM, G_O_L_D said:

ok after 2 hours of download and upzipping of file.....seems so far so good

I have on my 64Gb USB:

SyncMyRide (folder)

autoinstall.lst (file)

DONTINDX.MSA (file)

Once the misses has finished with the car I will attempt the update in the car, let's see what update mapping version I got from EU 15!

I am now a very pleased owner of F8 mapping! At friggin last!

In my case the website says there is a map update ( F7 to F8 ) however the update says it contains 0MB  and when I click download I instantly get 2 empty files ( well 56KB) . After numerous attempts I contacted Ford who sent me a reply saying they have a problem that is being worked on (see my post elsewhere) so I don't know how some of you guys are getting a download. This is on a 3month old car . Brilliant vehicle shame about the after sale support from the manufacturer.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

In my case the website says there is a map update ( F7 to F8 ) however the update says it contains 0MB  and when I click download I instantly get 2 empty files ( well 56KB) . After numerous attempts I contacted Ford who sent me a reply saying they have a problem that is being worked on (see my post elsewhere) so I don't know how some of you guys are getting a download. This is on a 3month old car . Brilliant vehicle shame about the after sale support from the manufacturer.

I feel your pain when I realised my mapping was 4 years out of date on a 1-year-old car......go figure?

Just to let you know the F8 mapping was about 25Gb in size (ZIP FILE), took me about an hour to download it, another hour to unzip it to the USB then about 1:30 Hrs to upload to the car!

I have an issue with mine and my dealer, Banbury Hartwell Ford, told me today (05.03.19) that it was a software error. When I asked why this would have suddenly started after 2 years of ownership they said it would have updated automatically and Ford were working on a fix and that would update automatically also.

After reading the posts above, am I being lied to?

The system claims it last checked for updates in 2038
Navigation will no longer function and Android Auto cont connect stating that the car has failed security checks - communications error 8

Any help will be appreciated.

IMG_20190305_075615-min.jpg

IMG_20190305_162248-min.jpg

Edited by MarcusK
Added images

What issue do you have with yours?

I don't think they know what they are talking about as if you read other posts on threads here you will see that Ford have admitted that the automatic update feature on Sync3 does not work in the UK

14 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

I don't think they know what they are talking about as if you read other posts on threads here you will see that Ford have admitted that the automatic update feature on Sync3 does not work in the UK

This is what I have come to suspect from reading this Forum.
It's difficult to accuse someone of flat out lying or not knowing what they are talking when they are the dealer and I'm the mere customer.

I've resorted to tweeting FordUK telling them what I have been told and simply asking if it's correct. What I have been told amounts to "go away and it will mend itself one night soon" - basically.

38 minutes ago, MarcusK said:

I have an issue with mine and my dealer, Banbury Hartwell Ford, told me today (05.03.19) that it was a software error. When I asked why this would have suddenly started after 2 years of ownership they said it would have updated automatically and Ford were working on a fix and that would update automatically also.

After reading the posts above, am I being lied to?

The system claims it last checked for updates in 2038
Navigation will no longer function and Android Auto cont connect stating that the car has failed security checks - communications error 8

Any help will be appreciated.

IMG_20190305_075615-min.jpg

IMG_20190305_162248-min.jpg

Are you Marty mc fly ?? With that update check date ! Lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Are you Marty mc fly ?? With that update check date ! Lol

Right, that's got to be an indication that something is amiss right.

Yeah, very strange, not seen that before.sounds like faulty sync hardware rather than software as such, esp if you haven't had any issues in the last few years. I could understand software if you have tried updating software via the ford update website and it had a wobbler.