Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Self parking

mojo90

Does anyone else have problems with self-parking recognising black cars? There appears to be a blind spot on black cars which it can collide with. 

No cant say ive noticed that, but then i dont use it much as i can get into smaller places than it can

3 hours ago, mojo90 said:

self-parking

I don't think I would trust this self parking prefer to park the car myself ☺️

Not seen this but probably only used it 2-3 times since I bought it. I find that when perpendicular parking, it parks too close to the offside car and I have to repark it!

I tried it today between a dark blue and a black car, worked fine.

Find mine works fine and tend to use it more now. Same with previous Kuga , it got it into some awkward spaces.   

Hi All

I have to admit that I have not tried both auto parks yet, but when I do (this is on my to do list) I will bear in mind mind comments about dark coloured vehicles.

Happy motoring

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if this is factual or just nonsense, but I read on another site that if you auto parallel park, where one or other of the cars you park between is partially on the pavement, your car will also mount the kerb to park, as the car uses the line of the adjacent vehicles to decide where the verge should be.  I haven’t tried this out for fear of scraping my alloys and on the few occasions I have used park assist, the adjacent vehicles were well parked. 

2 hours ago, NeilRS said:

I’ve managed to scrape an alloy all on my own! 

Unfortunately, me too ! 😩

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 12:13 PM, eddiek said:

Find mine works fine and tend to use it more now. Same with previous Kuga , it got it into some awkward spaces.   

Am considering the Edge next? Would you recommend them over the Kuga ?

As a simple “which is best”, it would very much depend on what you plan on doing with it and what your budget is. A decent spec Edge will be over £40k, so now attracts a very expensive road tax for the first 6 years of ownership. That being said it is much bigger all round than a Kuga, which doesn’t have a huge boot for it’s size. It is also more comfortable. Personally I tow a horse trailer occasionally and I found my Kuga to be just a little underpowered, whereas my Edge (210ps version - although mine is recorded as 230ps) manages far better. 

If i didn’t have a specific need for the additional power, would I buy an Edge over a Kuga ?  Probably not. Personal choice I suppose, but like other Edge owners have said in other threads, I am unlikely to buy another as the price bracket it has now slotted into brings it into the same ball park as more premium marques. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club